• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 300 Blackout

Last edited:
Was at a range a week ago guy was shooting 5.56, did not look at ammo only at the head stamp. Put ammo in his clip put into the gun and released the slide and the gun went everywhere love it when these guys use 223.5.56 for 300 black out that has been reformed or converted. He saved money alright, blew up the upper rail, barrel, and messed up the lower, he was not hurt but shaking like a leaf, oh it also welded the bcg together. He asked the range officer was anything usable we don't think so was the range officers reply. He was asked if he had a 330aac yes its at home. If you shoot reloads mark them, check them before they are loaded into the clip, and re-check before releasing the charging handle. We shoot .300 aac blackout, however we only use 300 aac blackout brass.. Yes it is hard to come by but it beats the effects of the above. Just glad he was not hurt. This is the reason we only load for ourselves, safety, safety, safety................

Was at a range a week ago guy was shooting 5.56, did not look at ammo only at the head stamp. Put ammo in his clip put into the gun and released the slide and the gun went everywhere love it when these guys use 223.5.56 for 300 black out that has been reformed or converted. He saved money alright, blew up the upper rail, barrel, and messed up the lower, he was not hurt but shaking like a leaf, oh it also welded the bcg together. He asked the range officer was anything usable we don't think so was the range officers reply. He was asked if he had a 330aac yes its at home. If you shoot reloads mark them, check them before they are loaded into the clip, and re-check before releasing the charging handle. We shoot .300 aac blackout, however we only use 300 aac blackout brass.. Yes it is hard to come by but it beats the effects of the above. Just glad he was not hurt. This is the reason we only load for ourselves, safety, safety, safety................

I can see that happening if you load up magazines with 300 Blackout then go to the range with your .223/5.56. However, I fail to see how using loaded cartridges head stamped 300 BO or .223 LC would make any difference. They are very different in appearance and all safety precautions should be followed. I load .308, 7mm-08, 243, 338 Federal. All based on the parent case .308 If precautions weren't taken those could also cause a ka-boom loaded in the wrong firearm.

My point on being diligent and following precautions.

Which of these three cartridges is the .223?

Bonus points and you have to tell me how you know this next answer...
Which is a factory head stamped 300 Blackout case?

Choose :
A B C
i40.tinypic.com_2yzdht4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom