• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading: Anyone use the lee classic loader?

Black Mountain Industries

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
83   0
Reaction score
I've been mulling over reloading for a good while now. And think I'm going to give it a shot with the lee classic loader- yeah the one you use a hammer with...
Now I know most of y'all won't suggest this one because you can't make high a volume of ammunition, and its not very conventional, but I don't have the space for a press in my apartment. And this is a relatively cheap way to get into reloading... For anyone that's tried it, what do you think? And any advice?
Thanks for any response.
-Mason

Merry Christmas

I loaded a bunch of .38 and .357 on a Lee Loader. Learned a lot with it before moving on to a hand press, then a single stage press. It's still part or my bug out kit.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Go for it and enjoy!

I haven't seen that model, but I do like my lee turret. One complaint about lee though, the info they provide is often outdated and can be incomprehensible...

I used one about 42 years ago to load for my $12 Mauser. I was to young to by bullets but could get powder and primers back then. It worked.I wouldn't use one now though. To many better ways to go!

Oh geez it's been a while...I don't remember lubing the .38 or .357 cases. Iirc, the dies in the Lee Loader are not carbide, so lube would probably be needed.

Oh geez it's been a while...I don't remember lubing the .38 or .357 cases. Iirc, the dies in the Lee Loader are not carbide, so lube would probably be needed.
I was watching the videos an some used it while others didn't. My thought was that if I used the lube on the cases that the powder would stick to the walls of the cylinder....

Used to use on on .45 and .357 and it worked Really Well. Herc powder and lead roundnose made great target rounds. I did lube cases, it just made them easier to get loose. I used to take an old candle and rub the wax on them as lube. The good old days.

Only lube the outside of the brass :)

Back
Top Bottom