• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading bench

Your bench can be as fancy or as basic as you like.
When I first got into reloading, I was using a old display table that I found at a closed out clothing store and they're going out of business sale. It's basically 30 x 40 and is knee high.
I will see if I can dig out the plans for the bench that I'm using right now. It's something my dad grew up and he's an engineer by trade. PM me your email address and I'll see what I can get for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

If space is a constraint, I have seen guys use the $40 Harbor Freight grinding bench which is only about 18 inches tall you just put it on another surface. On each of the corners of the bench you mount your different things on one side your powder measure, on the other side your press.
I have also seen apartment dwellers, who mounted onto a 4 by 4 that's about 20 inches long and it just clamp it to a table or counter top

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I made mine, has two doors, two drawers, and an 1 1/2" thick top. No plans, sorry. You could use an old kitchen cabinet(s) too.

Size depends on your personal needs, but you want enough room for a press to be permanently mounted, storage for your dies,projectiles,cases, primers, powders, tools etc

I have the bench made from the plans above. Bought it off of someone who was getting older and got out of reloading. My doors don't slide well, so I took them off. The scale shelf is cool.

We built our last reloading table by laminating 2x4 together, made it 8' x 36", built legs out of 4x4's
weights very heavy, we can set up (3) -(4) XL-650's on it and believe we drive a truck over it.

Make it as big or small as you like however you never have enough room or space...

still working on the back shelves design.

Back
Top Bottom