• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Classes

Find a mentor that's willing to teach you. learning the basics is the first stumbling block, learning the short-comings of any equipment is the next. Feeling overly confident once you get past these 2 brings you to being negligent on checking powder drops and amounts causing squibs (we've all had a few). Once past that threshold, you should be producing a trusted stockpile.
Now for the worst part, gathering the supplies you'll need these days is the 4th stumbling block. Some can be found with patience, some can be found by paying 3 to 4 times what they should cost.
The rewards are, if you have the skills, equipment and supplies, you should have the ability to make your own ammo during the next up-coming ammo shortage.

Ammo is readily available now, it does cost more. I walked into Academy yesterday and all the shelves were full.

Don’t even say you can’t find primers either, they are for sale EVERY day, they are expensive but available.
Prices may be high, but this is a good sign. At least there is stock.

I had to walk into academy to see if the shelves were empty, but I was surprised how full they were. They even had carts behind the counter stacked up with cases of ammo.
With shelves coming full again, that means primers will be plentiful again soon and that will drive prices back down ssome. No , they wont be 35-40/ 1000 but they will be reasonable, i think.

Back
Top Bottom