• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading equipment compatability question

ga_trucklvr

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
I have a coworker who asked me a question about some reloading equipment and I am not very knowledgeable in the equipment. So, I thought I would ask the minds of the ODT for help.

He came across a good price on a set of Lee dies. But, he has an RCB press. Can he use the Lee dies in his RCB press?

Thanks in advance.........

The only oddball die size press I have seen (other than the mentioned 50BMG) is an old Herters press. But these were 50+ years old and built like a tank.

A lot of things are interchangeable, however, think of this do you have a buddy that you reload with?

Just because you both have the same dies, and press, have you ever had sizing issues?

The guy we load with has everything the same, EXCEPT HE USES LEE SHELL HOLDERS. Now that's where things can get sticky, not all shell holders are the same height. We worked on that until the "LIGHT BULB" lit up. Never ever get in hurry, you are working with an EXPLOSIVE....

Pulled out the caliper and checked out everything and it was almost the same, however there was a variable in the equation. Then we checked his shell holders and there was the problem to improper re-sizing. Remember it can happen, not everything is the same... The height of the shell holders were not of the same height.... Be very careful in reloading things can change quickly if you hear the bang.
Especially if the round is not in the gun and pointed in a safe direction.

just a suggestion of investigation on any problem...

Back
Top Bottom