• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading forum

So, did the reloading forum get merged?

Steve, can I suggest a little more time for the forum to take off. For a relatively new site, a few days to allow traffic to build in a subforum is simply not enough. On every popular gun forum I frequent, reloading sub forums are always heavily used. But it takes more time to get going.

I created the reloading forum and in a few days there was only one new thread. Once there are a decent amount of threads about it I will split it into a new forum.

People get turned off by a bunch of empty forums, it makes the site look like it isnt very active. When we first started we had over 50 forums, but they only had one or two posts in them. Once we condensed them and they looked busier a lot more people started posting.

Iposted a video of me shooting the S&W 500. It is only 5 shots but they were my hand loads I was shooting. It was 43 grains of H110 under a 325 grains JHP. Worked great and I may end take it up a grain or two but that will be my max. Loading your own bullets is addictive!!!

I believe that you should chronograph what you're already shooting. From the looks of the muzzle flash, there seems to be a good deal of unburned powder already. I learned a chrono is a handloaders best friend when it comes to diminishing returns on more powder. I was experimenting with the 45 colt cartridge in a TC and Ruger Blackhawk. I was using H110 and W296, basically the same powder, and found that once I reached a certain velocity with any given bullet, no matter how much more powder I added all I got was more muzzle flash and noise. It could only burn what it could burn in any given barrel. Just a suggestion, from my previous big bore expeditions. That's a very impressive video. Kinda makes me miss my old 454s'. Chuckdog

Iposted a video of me shooting the S&W 500. It is only 5 shots but they were my hand loads I was shooting. It was 43 grains of H110 under a 325 grains JHP. Worked great and I may end take it up a grain or two but that will be my max. Loading your own bullets is addictive!!!

enjoyed the video T ..........and yes reloadin is addictive ;)

I am trying to get back into reloading. I haven't reloaded since the late 80's. I am trying to gather a simple reloading setup for my Mini30, 7.62x39. I looked at some dies.... I seen Russian 7.62x39 dies mostly. What is the difference between the Russian style and what I need for my Mini30?

Back
Top Bottom