• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Help

definatly get yourself a micrometer, a good set of digital scale and a bullet puller, once you set the case feed pull the handle half way and there is a bolt on the bottom to adjust the auto indexing rod. You just barley loosen the bolt and turn the turrert until the auto indexing rod is touching the side of the frame. The first station basically you just adjust until the pin pushes out the spent primer. Now leave the case in the first position and look to the left side of the frame and there is a silver leaver under a bolt, adjust that bolt up or down until the leaver is fully depressed. Thats what seats the primer.

Next is the powder feed, the only thing you should have to do is find a metal sleeve that came with it pull off the powder feed untill your looking down the die and put the sleeve in the die. To set the power feed look at the auto disks and choose one put it on and with your scale messure until your at the desired amout(check several times for accuratcy). The next station is the seating station. Now you need a reloading manual for what ever calliper your reloading. Start high and use your micrometer to check the legnth and adjust down to proper depth.

You are getting sound advice.
I don't use the same equipment, but I've been reloading for a while. I'm near Luella and I'd be glad to come look at your operation and help out.

M Pope

it is alot easier if you see/do it right in front of you. i can totally understand you wanting somebody to walk ya through it, hopefully ya find somebody close. and remember..its never to late to sell and get a dillon 550 (;

when setting your depth i would recommend taking the barrel out of one of your weapons and make sure the bottom on the round is about 1/8 in. lower than the back of your barrel and esspesially re-check if you try a different round (i blew up one of my guns by not doing this). Im writing all of this from memory so if i forget anything or you run into any problem just ask. I can add pics for anything specific or if you need i can make a video.

When adjusting your seating depth, I would recommend using some spare unprimed, resized brass. Get the oal you are looking for by using them. Less messy when you need to pull the projectiles from the ones that were not correct.

Are you ready to load?

You have brass, you have powder, you have primer and you have bullet?

You will need a powder scale to verify charge amount.

I have not used a five stage Lee turrent press or used the Lee disc powder charge system but can probably help you get started and I'm local.

PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom