• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Perfecta brass?

BillMe45

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
158   0
Reaction score
Any of yall reloading Perfecta brass? I'm specificly looking at 308.

I've got "good" brass for target work but for short range drills I've been buying a lot of Tulammo (and it works fine) but I'll pay the extra dollar or two a box for Perfecta if the brass is any account.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Never used it. Buy a Lee FL or decapping die so you don't break the pins if the flash holes are off. Otherwise it is crimped if memory serves. Should be serviceable if you want to invest the time.

Never used it. Buy a Lee FL or decapping die so you don't break the pins if the flash holes are off. Otherwise it is crimped if memory serves. Should be serviceable if you want to invest the time.
I have a Lee decapper. On crimped primers Ill decap and then clean before doing a regular resize... But in this case it would probably be prudent to at lest glance in there and see what the flashhole looks like.
But once any offset ones are weeded out it should be useable.

I have a Lee decapper. On crimped primers Ill decap and then clean before doing a regular resize... But in this case it would probably be prudent to at lest glance in there and see what the flashhole looks like.
But once any offset ones are weeded out it should be useable.

Offset ones are usable if you can get the primer out. Just don't expect match grade es/SD with it. It already went bang once right?

Offset ones are usable if you can get the primer out. Just don't expect match grade es/SD with it. It already went bang once right?
At $0.65 per loaded round, new it seems like a great source for brass. Lee decapping pins are $4 but Ive never broken one. I once hit a piece of range gravel down in the flash hole but the pin just slipped in the collet.

I broke a lee decapping pin a couple years ago on a piece of berdan primed .303Brit brass and Mary at Lee Precision sent me a new one free and asap even though I told em it was my fault.
Still dont want to do it again.
Winchester ammo aint a whole lot more money, but it is a whole lot better product.

Back
Top Bottom