• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Scales

Jackie Graham

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
675   0
Reaction score
I need a new scale. I have been using a RCBS electronic scale for the last 20 years and it died on me this last weekend. I have also used the old reliable balance beam RCBS 505 and Dillon but prefer the electronic scales. Does anyone have a recommendation on an electronic scale that you are currently using and like?

Thanks in advance for you input.

Jackie

Hornady Lock and Load autocharge. Got mine off Amazon. I use it for rifle charges, and use my RCBS 505 for pistol charges.

Had one and sold it. It resets to factory defaults every time you turn it off. Sometimes setting the trickle to start at 1gr would work good, and sometimes it would have to be set closer to 2. 10% would overcharge no matter what with stick powder, and I started to load light and hand trickle the last little bit. Doesn't meter stick well, but there's a "straw hack" that's supposed to help that I didn't try.

Will RCBS not fix your old one?

Hornady has a new one G21500 that will be on the market in a month or two.
It should cost less than $40 and will be much better than the current 1500.

Why not check with RCBS customer service to see if they will take care of your broken scale? RCBS customer service is second to none.......

if there was ever a

you get what you pay for

product, scales are it. speed and precision are expensive. unless your shooting past 600 you can get by with the cheap ones.

certain small kernel powders do VERY well inside 6 on a drop with no scale.

it all depends on what powder and how far your gonna go and how well your load is tuned.

accuracy is an equation, you remove too many parts, it can be tough to get the correct answer

Back
Top Bottom