• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Scales

I am not looking for a powder dispensing scale. I just want it to verify the weights of the bullets and loads that I am setting my powder dispenser for. I see a lot of them for $30 to $150. I don't want to pay $150 for something that does the same exact thing as a $30 one would do. I think I paid $100 for the one I have. Of course, after 20 years, they don't make it any more and the replacements had some good and bad reviews.
I am looking for some feed back from some of you guys that have one that you are using and you like it.

I use a cheap digital scale from Franklin Arsenal in conjunction with my 505 and RCBS Deluxe calibration weights. I calibrate to the weight of the charge the powder thrower is set at with the 2 scales and check every 20 loads or so with both. The Franklin Arsenal is nowhere near the precision of the beam but it is fast.

It is a 20+ year old electronic scale. It was warrantied for 1 year. I can't complain as it worked just fine for 20+ years.

RCBS customer service is really good. I had a heavy object fall from a shelf and shear my RCBS 10-10-10 beam arm off, ruined the beam the base was still good. They repaired it for like $50 or so. It was coming up on 30 years of service in a few more years.

It's your call, Jackie. But I've called RCBS to discuss issues with my 40 year old Uniflow. I specifically disclosed the age of the Uniflow. It made no difference to the customer service rep who told me that if it's their product, they will stand behind it. I was given replacement parts free of charge.

Because of their stellar customer service, I buy RCBS products to the exclusion of others.

RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they EARN it.

Best of luck.......

It's your call, Jackie. But I've called RCBS to discuss issues with my 40 year old Uniflow. I specifically disclosed the age of the Uniflow. It made no difference to the customer service rep who told me that if it's their product, they will stand behind it. I was given replacement parts free of charge.

Because of their stellar customer service, I buy RCBS products to the exclusion of others.

RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they EARN it.

Best of luck.......

Experienced the same type of service on anything that has any issues.... The gold metal dies are exactly what their name implies "GOLD METAL" they are all we use... Service AAAA++++...

I have the same experience on most of their reloading equipment. I purchased a 505 used scale and the beam was bent. I called them and they replaced it for free even after I told them I bought it used. However, the RCBS partner electronic scale is not made by the and electronics are only covered by a one year warranty. Mechanical devices are usually covered with a life time warranty.

I just ordered a Gempro 300 from oldwillknotts. My Pact 2 system died. Neither unit would cal! I see the Gempro warrantied for 30 years! Free ship and no tax. Reads grains to .02 The powder dispencer end, I went back to a RCBS uniflow with a stand. Found it forsale on a shooting forum $60 delivered. Amazon had a used micromeasure for $32. I can't do .1grn accuracy anymore. 100yds its find but 600+ not.

I just ordered a Gempro 300 from oldwillknotts. My Pact 2 system died. Neither unit would cal! I see the Gempro warrantied for 30 years! Free ship and no tax. Reads grains to .02 The powder dispencer end, I went back to a RCBS uniflow with a stand. Found it forsale on a shooting forum $60 delivered. Amazon had a used micromeasure for $32. I can't do .1grn accuracy anymore. 100yds its find but 600+ not.

Can we see some pics or your scale set up? How do u like the gempro so far?

Back
Top Bottom