• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading suggestions

I was in Pannell's in Woodstock today and they have gotten a huge shipment of reloading supplies in. Also Hi Caliber and Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs both have enough reloading supplies to warrent a trip.

let's see- started out with a lee hand loader for a 30 carbine in the 70's . then the obsession started- 16 calibers ,4 wildcats , 3 single stage presses , 2 progressive presses ,4 shot shell hydraulic presses and all the bullet casting goodies . My suggestion is to buy in bulk, cast your own bullets and get a good, strong heavy bench . yard sale reloading stuff is still a deal- along with folks that think they need to get into reloading

let's see- started out with a lee hand loader for a 30 carbine in the 70's . then the obsession started- 16 calibers ,4 wildcats , 3 single stage presses , 2 progressive presses ,4 shot shell hydraulic presses and all the bullet casting goodies . My suggestion is to buy in bulk, cast your own bullets and get a good, strong heavy bench . yard sale reloading stuff is still a deal- along with folks that think they need to get into reloading

Man you ain't kidding. It can become an obsession. There's much worse and more expensive habits IMO. Warm weather is here and man is my trigger finger itchy.

Just started reloading 6 months ago, got lucky on a buy got a good group of used RCBS and Lee products to start with. I have reloaded 50 or so 30 cal carbine and a few 308 that came with what I bought. I found a new indoor hobby for the rainy days. I did put to use a lee small press as a bullet puller, I ordered the other half from rcbs to complete it.

Last edited:
I started out on the 45 acp 8 years ago.....WOW. I ony buy deffense ammo and rimfire now... I use the Dillon 550B. With the exception of the play in the tool head, I love it and would buy it again!

I have been handloading for 22 years. I mostly load rifle cartridges but do load for 9mm, 45 ACP, and 44 mag. Currently the rifle rounds I load are .223, .22-250, 6mm Rem, .243 Win, 7mm-08, .308 Win, .270 Win, .30-06, and 300WM. Single stage press is a Forster Coax. Its by far the best of em all IMO. I have owned and used many from the RCBS parter to Reddings single stage. Believe it or not my progressive press is a Lee pro 1000. I have loaded a ton on it and its still going strong. Rifle dies I use are usually Redding Comp bushing dies for neck sizing and precision seating, Lee for everything else. I have a few of this and that but those two are what I buy now. Pistol dies are all Lee carbide. I still do powder measuring pretty much old school. I throw charges on an antique measure that I cant remember what brand it is and I bring em up on a RCBS 10-10. Case trimmers are either Lee or Wilson. I use a variety of brands of case prep tools to do primer pockets, flash hole uniforming and neck turning. By far the best neck turning tools I have used are made by Sinclair.

Well thats all I can think of for right now.

Another reloader here...My uncle got me into it about 7 years ago, at the time my uncle had a rcbs single stage and I didn't care for it much. It took too long and ammo was cheap enough it wasn't worth the time. But after switching to a hornady lock n load progressive press and the cost of ammo skyrocketing I am a reloading machine. I have almost as much fun reloading as I do going shooting so I not only save money but get enjoyment out of the hobby as well. I currently have my own hornady progressive press and dies (the free bullet rebate is too sweet!) and a few rcbs products.

Back
Top Bottom