• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading woes

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
Ok. So I finally got everything together and loaded a few. What a ****ing disaster. I have 3 good rounds and 14 that are ****ed up in one way or another.

Looks like I will be buying a bullet puller. What do you do about a primer that is not fully seated?

So ****ing frustrated. :mad:

Ok. So I finally got everything together and loaded a few. What a ****ing disaster. I have 3 good rounds and 14 that are ****ed up in one way or another.

Looks like I will be buying a bullet puller. What do you do about a primer that is not fully seated?

So ****ing frustrated. :mad:

Is it mainly the primer seating that is giving you problems?

Lee 1000. Mainly problems with getting the primer seated all the way. I am trying to make sure to put a fair bit of pressure on the downstroke, but it still seems to be hit or miss as to whether it seat all the way. Plus, it got some powder down int he works with a few that did not feed a primer. Planning on pulling it down tomorrow and cleaning everything up.

I use a hand primer and ever so gently seat primers on already loaded ammo. Be very careful. If its pistol caliber, I like to take the barrel out of the gun and drop the loaded rounds in to test them. don't get discouraged, it gets easier. What calibers are you doing?

Lee 1000. Mainly problems with getting the primer seated all the way. I am trying to make sure to put a fair bit of pressure on the downstroke, but it still seems to be hit or miss as to whether it seat all the way. Plus, it got some powder down int he works with a few that did not feed a primer. Planning on pulling it down tomorrow and cleaning everything up.

The powder will definitely "gum" it up. Run some brass through it w/o any powder in the hopper to work out getting the primers to seat properly.

Back
Top Bottom