• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rem 673 trigger group replacement

Only times I can ever recall having to fit any triggers in a Rem700 was with some aftermarket stocks. That was rare, and it was never that big a deal. Usually it was the bolt catch that was binding. Remove a little material from the stock.

I like flat triggers on precision rifles. A curved trigger forces you to center your finger on the trigger; a flat trigger makes it easier to keep your finger towards the tip/end of the trigger. This increases the length of the effort arm of the lever, making the trigger feel lighter than it is. At least, that’s the theory. Seems to work for me, but YMMV.

Overall, I like the feel and ease of adjustment of the Trigger Tech, but I like how wide the Timney is. Again, another theory, but a wider trigger shoe spreads the force across the finger and makes it feel lighter than it is.

I’ve got rifles with both the Timney and Trigger Tech at my place. You’re welcome to come and try them out.
Where is your place?

Can you give me a store name or address, I would like to take you up on your offer. what hours are you available, or what days and times would work best for u.
Thanks
Scott

It’s the shop in the basement of my house. I work weird hours and days of the week. Shoot me a PM and we can work it out. I may even be able to meet you at my work in College Park and save you some miles.

Back
Top Bottom