• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remember when I was going to the range....

GLOCKRUS

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
4   0
Reaction score
I went to this range on Austell rd. in Marietta...I believe the name of it is called Hotshots gun and range. I asked to use the range and I was with my wife. My wife wanted to practice shooting and I were to teach her how to hold,handle a firearm and of course safety tips. Well anyway the guy at the counter was asking me if I knew how to use a firearm..I answered yes. He gave me a dam test of safety procedures and I did it...then he asked about my wife and I told him that my wife was still learning and everything...He didnt care and wanted to give her the dumb test also..she didnt do good but from me telling the guy shes still learning...c'mon.. So he then says I cant allow you to go to the range with her...I asked excuse me why? He answered that he didnt think she was able to handle a firearm because he didnt want anything to happen..ok so I said to him you just lost business sir Ill take my business else where have a good day. Then I left with my wife and we went to Nicks guns and range on Canton rd. and went shootin...she did good and learned everything she needed to learn about...I was a little upset but at the same time another local business basically gained business and one business lost out.

Where else is someone supposed to learn how to safely handle and shoot a firearm if they can't go to a range? That makes no sense. I would guess it is their way to get people to sign up for their instructional courses.

I am sooooo glad I have a private range. I cannot stand to be on a public range. You never know who knows what...or who doesn't know what. If you want to experience what NOT to do in regards to firearm safety, just go hang out at a public range for a couple hours.

LOL, I don't know about the SEAL part but Nick's is a good place. The range isn't too bad and the people who are employed there are for the most part friendly and knowledgable.

Every now and then I'm forced by circumstance to use a public range or gun shop range. I wish you had to pass a test to shoot there. I would say many users are cocky "gun guys" and don't even bother to read the rules. I've even seen several thug wanna be's who were obviously never trained by anyone and probably couldnt read the manual if they wanted to. One of them who had rented an AK pistol was there with his girlfriend came off the range into the store with a round racked in the chamber, the safety was off and the weapon was pointed in my direction with his finger on the trigger. I was filling out paperwork to shoot there. I didnt even know what was going on till I heard a store employee hollering at him to point it up and get his damn finger off the trigger. The employee took the weapon cleared it fussed the guy out and sent the couple on their way. I asked and the employee assured me that that guy had been placed on the "no fly list". Rules change from range to range but the basics are mostly the same and are there to keep us safe.
It is my belief that there are certain basics that anyone who picks up a firearm should demonstrate they know before even being allowed to touch one. I remember that magic Christmas when I got my first BB gun. The manual was the first thing out of the box. My father made me memorize and recite the 10 commandments of gun safety before the BB gun (A beautiful Daisy champion) was even out of the box. I handled my 2 boys firearms initiation in the same manner with their bb guns. Thanks Dad
Kudos to Hot shots for helping keep their customers safe.
Responsibility is a heavy responsibility man.

PS. That dam test just may keep you or someone else from getting shot by an "unloaded gun".

Last edited:
When you showed up with a Glock he questioned your knowledge as anyone who knows firearms would.( Now this should start some crap) ranges scare the hell out of me, people act like fools its not the video game @ home.lawyers would be the only one winning with someone hurt/killed -i like the test idea.

Last edited:
I think the test is a good thing for sure, but not allowing him to bring in a novice shooter for some training is completely different.

Back
Top Bottom