• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 1900 Hammerless Shotgun Help

Are Remington 1900s worth repairing and replacing?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on its past

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swamplion

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
Guidance Requested on an old Remington side by side shotgun.

The first is a Remington Arms Co Basic (K) grade, all numbers matching, with Patent Oct 30th, 1894. Original wood and and buttplate. The barrels are NOT damascus steel. The shotgun is chambered in 12 gauge.

The forend latch (spring lock) needs replacement so it will hold and lock like it should. The action is loose but not sloppy, one of the triggers seem disconnected, and the rib on top need attention. I would try to replicate and do it myself but presently unable to do so due to medical reasons. This video by MidwayUSA addresses my concerns with my Remington shotgun.

I have an old L.C. Smith Field grade and an old Belgium Under Lever 16 ga that I am willing to divest to help fix and repair the Remington. As well also have money and extra gunsmithing supplies to use towards fixing my old double.
Thoughts?

It really depends on what needs fixing. Loose actions and broken locks can be simple or difficult. Parts may be a real challenge ?

Great looking gun.

Needs the new spring lock fabricated to replace the broken one that holds the forend to the barrels and action.
Actions needs the locks and internal parts cleaned out and polished.
The barrels need to be trued back the receiver from others improper closing the barrels to the action.
Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom