• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 22 LR at Loganville Walmart

garypl50

Marines Icon Supporter
garypl50
83   0
Reaction score
Stopped at Walmart an hour ago to buy some packing tape and strolled through the firearms section to see if they had anything in stock. Surprised to see a lot of long guns in the rack and they had one shelf with some rifle & shotgun ammo - not much - just a few boxes of each.

I scored a 525 rd box of Remington 22 LR HP ammo for $28 and change including sales tax. They had two boxes on the shelf and I thought about buying both, but ended up leaving one for somebody else.

Maybe ammo shortages will be easing up moving forward.

I was in the Loganville store two weeks ago and the young man asked if I needed help. I gave him a surprised look wondering who told him about my mental state of affairs. Then I realized he was asking if I need help with ammo which quickly brought me back around and said, "Nah, I looking for 410 and 28 gauge and I don't see any". He then told me that if I had a minute he would go get the days ammo delivery. It was 2pm and they still hadn't put it out. Well one minute actually turned into 20 plus minutes, but he did finally return with a full cart of ammo. It was chock full of Federal 12 gauge... Except for one box. I almost missed it, and then I said "what's this"?

We then proceeded to open a box of Gold. On the side was printed Remington and it held four 1400 count buckets of Remington Golden bullets. I ask the price for one bucket knowing I had a 4 box limit. I almost started drooling as I thought to myself; You lucky Ba*ta~d, Hot Damn. You can buy all four buckets and resell them for an exuberant and outrageous profit on the old ODT!!!

The young man completed the scan and said they are $86 each, I then said thanks for your help and walked away to go find the Coke Zero I had come to buy in the first place.

As I made my way to the soda isle, yes I drink "Soda POP" I knew having had to wait so long to see the days delivery that I would never get back the 25 minutes I stood there waiting on him to deliver the goods.

True story but If you recall I was looking for 410 and 28 gauge, not 22's.

Back
Top Bottom