• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing when the safety is flipped off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be completely politically incorrect and say clearly what many on here are thinking. This is a load of crap. I feel sorry for people that have been injured or have injured or killed others, but the fact is they screwed up and can not take responsibility for it. So, they blame Remington. If this action was dangerous it would not be the go to action for so many top quality custom rifle builders. Remington would not have left it the way it was for so long. They're not stupid.
Remington is a doubly attractive target for the wacko liberals. They not only get to go after guns, but they can demonize another successful corporation at the same time. As for the memos, show them to me. All of them and in their complete form so I can get the proper context. I'd bet the farm that their meaning is very different than is being presented in the documentary.

I heard that in the CNBC show if it was dirty it could fire. If that was the case a whole bunch of people would be dead because alot of people dont clean there guns. Still a dirty gun should not fire when it is flipped off safety. That is a Factory defect that should have addressed along time ago. Remington just hoped it wouldnt happen. I dont ever recall reading a owners manual that stated you must clean your gun or it could accidently go off. I agree guns should be cleaned but they should not discharge because they are dirty.

As for asking a sniper,they did.The cameras rolled on a demo at a military sniper school as they showed the rifle malfuntioning.Remington dropped the ball on this one,which fed the liberal news media.Myself,I like Remington,but would not buy a gun with this trigger.

As for asking a sniper,they did.The cameras rolled on a demo at a military sniper school as they showed the rifle malfunctioning.Remington dropped the ball on this one,which fed the liberal news media.Myself,I like Remington,but would not buy a gun with this trigger.

And how many snipers out there use rifles that have NOT had work done to the trigger? Those triggers were not stock. The trigger JOB was bad, not the trigger. I had work done on a 1911 trigger one time and it would go full auto (empty the mag). It happened during an IPSC match with a full 20 round mag. That got everyone's attention!

How do you the know the triggers werent stock, Remington makes special weapons for the Military. Why were there thousands of complaints and even deaths, did everyone get bad trigger job. Your making a statement with no evidence to support what you are saying. I was in the military and they would not let us alter our weapons to our personal wants. I highly doubt they were altered since they were specially made for Snipers, probably already had an adjustable or lightend trigger when it was made by REMINGTON.

I have used 700 model rifles for 40 yrs and never had a problem.I tryed to make it go off after watching that show and the only way is if you have your finger on or push the trigger while putting the safety on it will fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom