• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing when the safety is flipped off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used 700 model rifles for 40 yrs and never had a problem.I tryed to make it go off after watching that show and the only way is if you have your finger on or push the trigger while putting the safety on it will fire.

Well, how's we supposed to know YOU didn't FIX them triggers? Maybe you jess got a DE-fective rifle, hmm? They's supposed to go off when you take the safety off, didn't you see the T.V.? CNBC wouldn't put this story out on T.V. land if'n it weren't true. LMAO.

How do you the know the triggers werent stock, Remington makes special weapons for the Military. Why were there thousands of complaints and even deaths, did everyone get bad trigger job. Your making a statement with no evidence to support what you are saying. I was in the military and they would not let us alter our weapons to our personal wants. I highly doubt they were altered since they were specially made for Snipers, probably already had an adjustable or lightend trigger when it was made by REMINGTON.

So, every time someone complains about something it's true? With your logic that means you should not use anything that anyone has complained about because it must be fact. That means you would live in a cave and only use items you have carved from wood yourself, because everything gets complaints. The question is whether or not the complaints are legitimate. I believe there are over a million Model 700s in circulation. I'm sure that a few thousand have fallen into the hands of idiots that have no idea what they are doing or are looking to make a fast buck.

I was also in the military and have checked with three people today that were or are snipers. All three said they had work done to the triggers on their rifles. That's why the military has armorers. They DO work on the triggers.

It says here you are a gun dealer. Have you stopped selling the 700 because you believe it is unsafe?

I have a 700 that I got from my FIL, its about 40 years old. Started havin a problem just gettin the gun to go on saftey. I sent it to Rem and they did a complete cleaning, changed safety and installed an XMark pro trigger(which runs around $100)..... cost $27 .Dont say they wont take care of it, if you have a problem with it, send it in. Love the new trigger and can now leave on safe while unloading. And like several have said....if it did have a bad trigger , if it was pointed in a safe direction, no one would be injured.Then again I guess cars drive drunk not ppl.

How do you the know the triggers werent stock, Remington makes special weapons for the Military. Why were there thousands of complaints and even deaths, did everyone get bad trigger job. Your making a statement with no evidence to support what you are saying. I was in the military and they would not let us alter our weapons to our personal wants. I highly doubt they were altered since they were specially made for Snipers, probably already had an adjustable or lightend trigger when it was made by REMINGTON.

OK, I have to admit that I just watch the Remington response video for the first time. It answers all the questions about this issue. I know it was already posted here once, but it's worth putting up again.

http://www.remington700.tv/#/home

The only design flaw in the 700 trigger is the ability for some nimrod to adjust it. I have had guys bring me their rifles,model 70 Winchester and model 700 Remington that would do the fire on flipping safety off. In every case I have seen, the trigger was adjusted from factory settings and the sear was not engaging completely. No one is going to admit to adjusting the trigger if someone was injured or killed by their stupidity and lack of muzzle control. There is a reason why they put sealer on the adjustment screws, it is to prove that an idiot tampered with them.

^^^this^^^

To this day, even with the new trigger, it says clearly in the manual that you should have a qualified gunsmith do any trigger adjustments.

There have been over 5 million sold according to the show, no I wont stop selling them but after seeing the show I will make sure the person knows about the incident and let them make up there mind. They can decide if they want there 15 year old climbing a stand with a possible defective gun. You can chose to believe what you want I dont think CNBC would be slandering remington on TV if it wasnt true, neither would the man who developed the trigger if there wasnt a problem. He wrote Memos in 1946 to upper management about the problem. Are you saying you dont believe the man who developed the trigger for pete sakes theres evidence at hand The Memos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom