• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

Gimmeguns

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Just as in the title, just watched a special on 60 minutes discussing this problem. When flipping off the safety, the gun can fire without pulling the trigger.

I was just looking at buying one of these. Anybody heard of this issue?

I saw 60 Minutes was going to air this story several weeks ago but it got delayed, probably so they could put out anti Trump stories first. When I saw the first listing of this story that finally aired tonight, I checked Remington's site and found the link below. No mention of the Walker trigger which also appears to have the same problem according to 60 minutes.

https://xmprecall.remington.com/

According to Remington, 700 series manufactured after April 9, 2014 don't have the problem, but probably a good idea to check before plunking down money. It also sounded like the problem is aggravated by cold temperatures.

I know some of the Xmark triggers are under recall.
If you replace it with something else like a timney then you will have nothing to worry about.

The Xmark was supposed to fix the problem. I had an Xmark. Did it when cold. Gun would fire when moved from safe to fire or fire to safe. Put a timney in it or buy a savage or tikka.

Back
Top Bottom