• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

I do not need to understand the guts of a TV to know why I buy Sony or samsung over Vizio.
I don't need to know the workings of an indy car to know why I choose a ford over nissan.
I don't need to know the tolerance and design data to choose a Ruger over a remington.

I could probably link people posting great groups with a hand full of other rifles.

A wise man once said; It is what it is. it's hard to make a second first impression.

Shoot, buy and defend what you want. I'm sticking to my story. I have a 3 year old hyundai that is having a few issues. if you think I'll buy another, you are mistaken. I've yet to see one stranded on the road but, the company won't get more of my cash after this one. Does it mean it's a bad car?
To me it does because I've got to deal with it . Enjoy the 700 I'll look elsewhere.

I'm going to spend my time doing other things now. have fun.
So, you make choices based on willful ignorance. Good to know.

Don't blame Ford because you never changed the oil in your Mustang, or you used the wrong oil, and you've got problems with it.
I have owned Remingtons and think they are fine rifles, every major company has lulls where subpar product is put out trying to increase revenues, as in my '06 Ford F250 6.0 liter diesel that generated a class action law suit against Ford, which by the way I did change all 15 quarts of oil and filter every 5,000 miles, but still went back with a Ford when I repurchased, so please don't bring up oil, it is still a sore subject for me. Can we just get back to talking about crappy firearms:becky:

This is very old news and they have never been able to reproduce it on any rifle that it was claimed to have happened that had not been modified. Look for the Remington rebuttal video. It's very enlightening.

Any trigger can be adjusted to unsafe levels. One of the fundamental things a gun smith (or anyone else) should do after making a trigger adjustment is called a "Drop Test". You basically slam the butt of the rifle into the ground with the safety off to make sure the trigger won't activate.
I have owned and shot Remington 700 rifles for over 40 years I've never had this happen nor have I ever heard from anyone I know have it happen to them

Back
Top Bottom