• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

If I remember correctly, there was a recall a couple of years ago on the Remington's for this problem
Remington has recalled both the Walker and X-Mark. Neither of them has any safety problem other than persistent BS law suits. I can tell you one real word effect the law suits have had. It used to be that the X-Mark could be externally adjusted down to about 2.5lbs by the owner. Now the minimum is about 4.5lbs.

Remington has fought this crap for well over ten years. They have become a target for ambulance chasing lawyers and idiot gun owners that won't take responsibility for their own mistakes. They finally threw in the towel and at least one of the recalls was part of a court settlement when they were dealing with a bias anti gun judge.

My rem 700 misfired round 4. Never touched the trigger adjustment so I guess the factory drone was off that day. Considering how bad the triggers are, the swap is worth it regardless.

And you think remington recalled all those Xmarks a few years ago because they were safe? Maybe they got tired of settling lawsuits? Bust out the tinfoil hats boys, this threads going nowhere.

My rem 700 misfired round 4. Never touched the trigger adjustment so I guess the factory drone was off that day. Considering how bad the triggers are, the swap is worth it regardless.

And you think remington recalled all those Xmarks a few years ago because they were safe? Maybe they got tired of settling lawsuits? Bust out the tinfoil hats boys, this threads going nowhere.
Do you still have that rifle and trigger?

Well known issue for the 700s, I believe it had to do with the gun going off when disengaging the safety or something, had a friend that experienced the problem in a range once. I had a newer model 700 in 30-06 that was perfectly fine so I'm thinking the issue has been somewhat resolved

After buying a remington that would not chamber ammo, I won't buy another product from them except for ammo. If they do not even test fire a rifle before it leaves the shop, the company is worthless to me. Feel free to defend them all you want, it's gonna take more than words to change my mind. You have to many other choices than to accept a possible death sentence.

Any trigger can be improperly adjusted so it will fire when it shouldn't. I've owned two bolt action rifles, one semi auto rifle and one semi auto pistol that would fire when they weren't supposed to. Both bolt action would fire as the bolt was close. I had adjusted the trigger in both of them too light and had to readjust them so they were safe. Both of them were Winchester Model 70s. The pistol was a Para Ordinance that a gunsmith screwed up on and the semi auto rifle was a M1a that someone had taken too much metal off of the trigger assembly. Both the pistol and M1a would bump fire. The guy in your video even says he adjusted the trigger "to it's lowest setting". I can guarantee he had no clue what he was doing and screwed it up.

Also, if this is an externally adjustable trigger, it's not the Walker, which is the subject of the documentary. If it is the Walker, Remington has always said it should only be adjusted by a qualified gunsmith.

How can people screw around and do things they aren't supposed to be doing and then blame the manufacturer for the problem?
If you know as a company that a trigger you designed can be improperly set to accidentally kill someone, wouldn't you take the precautions to redesign the trigger so that it was not possible for someone to improperly set it? I've seen stupider stuff on Guns like locks on revolvers.

If you know as a company that a trigger you designed can be improperly set to accidentally kill someone, wouldn't you take the precautions to redesign the trigger so that it was not possible for someone to improperly set it? I've seen stupider stuff on Guns like locks on revolvers.

Darwin will always prevail. There is no such thing as idiot proofing anything.

Back
Top Bottom