• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 firing without pulling trigger?

Do they use the trigger system that's supposed to be defective?

Each M40 is built from a Remington 700 bolt-action rifle, and is modified by USMC armorers at Marine Corps Base Quantico, using components from a number of suppliers
Some of them get changed out to improve quality of the trigger pull, not due to any safety issues. Many are stock and a lot of those are modified by qualified gunsmiths, also to improve quality.

I gathered from your statement that cops use remington a lot and like them so therefore they must be good. If that's not what you were saying then your correct and I misinterpreted your post.
You are correct in your interpretation. Now tell me how that indicates that I think that only Remington 700s are good rifles. A lot of police also use Glocks, as you point out, that means that people in the field that bet their life on their equipment think the Glock is a good handgun. It doesn't mean they are the only good handgun. Do you understand how that works?

The fact that professionals in the field are more than happy with the Remington 700 indicates there is no real problem with them.

Ahh ok so they need to improve the quality of items they ordered under contract. It all makes sense now. thanks.
Yep, this is typically because the improvement they are looking for is a lighter and crisper trigger, which the manufacturer can no longer provide due to the dumb ass bogus law suits being brought against them by idiots. Does that make sense to you now?

Do they use the trigger system that's supposed to be defective?

Each M40 is built from a Remington 700 bolt-action rifle, and is modified by USMC armorers at Marine Corps Base Quantico, using components from a number of suppliers

Incorrect. The M40 was built by Remington, and was 100% Remington. The later M40A1, M40A3, and M40A5 rifles utilize Remington 700 actions and triggers, and are built in Quantico by USMC 2112's (Match Armorer's) with parts from a variety of vendors, BUT the actions and triggers have ALWAYS been Remington. In fact, they are the only Remington parts used in the A1-A5 variants.

I'm a USMC Scout/Sniper and used the M40A1. The M40 and the M40A1 both used the "infamous", factory Remington, Walker trigger during their ENTIRE lifespans........the same trigger that the off-the-shelf civilian Remington 700's came with. The M40 was in service from 1966 until the early 1970's. The awesome M40A1 was in service from the early 1970's until 2001. The M40 was purchased directly from Remington while the M40A1 was built in-house by the 2112's (USMC Match Armorer's). Either way, that's approximately 35 years of the factory Walker trigger in the USMC SWS. They were set at 3-5lbs, per specs.

The Walker trigger has also seen its share of lawsuits, that's why Remington came out with the X-Mark.

The later M40A3 and current M40A5 also use a factory Remington trigger; the M24 NSN1005015118314.

Why take that extra effort when you've provided such a wonderful description.
People comment a lot on stuff they are not completely trained or schooled in.
That's normal conversation and I don't plan on going to a remington smith school or reading 10 forums just to give my opinion to make you happy. What I have watched are people showing what are represented as normal Guns misfiring and I based my statement on that. With the addition of your information to the mix, I can not understand why a Judge would rule against a company if that were the case. Since what little reading I did, a court found remington at fault and Remington agreed to replace the trigger. So what did remington do to idiot proof the replacement that is costing them shipping, components and labor?
Wow, you've never seen reporting that was biased, and motivated to bring someone to a preconceived conclusion?
How bout court cases decided based on preconceived prejudice ir political persuasion?

I take it you don't get out of the basement much?

Haters are people that hate reguardless
Fanboys are people that love regardless

Based on my experience and a hand full of people I know, we are remington Haters.
Based on how some people want to defend a product regardless of what others experience I'll consider them fanboys.

The example of Glock is that Glock perfection is there. They can do no wrong even though some pistols go boom. people polish the mushy trigger. Grip angle suxs and they like burning holes in the grip. Not to mention people buy so many third party parts the only thing left from glock is the serial number. 700 accuracy awesome. I'll agree. Tons of people drive certain cars. I'll never own another 300z. Brought one and in my opinion they are fast prices of crap. Great engine poor design. Defend them all you want.

I owned a 700 brand new never fired. and when I say never fired I mean the factory never fired it.
It would not chamber ammo and when I did try I was concerned it might go off with the bolt open.
Remington took it back and fixed it. Headspace issue was listed. So they sold me a lethal device that was not tested for function. I've heard their new pistol is out. I suggest if you enjoy their products so much, get one. I'll pass. ATM there are plenty of rifle choices and I've yet to have an issue with ruger. I can't change your mind and you won't change mine.

I love how folks cite a court decision as the nail in the coffin. Yep, cuz we know that court decisions, whether judge or jury, or always infallible.

How about the women awarded millions because her McDonald's coffee was too hot?

How about the OJ Simpson criminal trial acquittal, when a subsequent civil trial did say he commented the murders?

I can list a ton more.

You've got to explain to me how a bolt action rifle can "go off" with the bolt open? Not just a Remington 700, but any bolt action.

Back
Top Bottom