• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington closing?

British newspaper? That's cool, I should advise you it's nit a 'quality paper' though! :-) But then what is in these days (I used to deliver these through the door as a kid)?

Daily Mail is the only paper that I read. While all newspapers are not worth the paper they are printed on I find DM has articles that none of US papers will publish, and they seem to have news that is more current, probably because of the 6 hr. time difference. Oh yeah, the article comments from Brits are classic.

Daily Mail is the only paper that I read. While all newspapers are not worth the paper they are printed on I find DM has articles that none of US papers will publish, and they seem to have news that is more current, probably because of the 6 hr. time difference. Oh yeah, the article comments from Brits are classic.
I have always believed the "news" was far better quality (depth) and more broad in the UK. I used to listen/watch the BBC for that reason for years until the last year or so, However, it has been clear since Nov 2016 that all Media are the same (bought by Soros or China), and I no longer follow them. I was brought up in a different culture and era (not quite Downton Abbey - but I have been in there and drove around the estate in a Range Rover, met Princess Ann's ex too, Capt Mark Philips)! :-)

Why would any pro-gun American be happy with Remington going out of business? They are the oldest firearms manufacturer in America, and one of the oldest companies of any type.....period. That is a strong history tied deeply into the fabric of America.

Starting with the Mexican-American War, Remington has armed our troops in some form or fashion up through modern day. That’s quite a legacy.

I’ve read where part of their reluctance to move had to do with the fact they have been there since 1816, with strong ties to the community. There are folks working in that plant that are 4th generation or more.

Like them or not, the loss of Remington only hurts America and helps the left.

Why would any pro-gun American be happy with Remington going out of business? They are the oldest firearms manufacturer in America, and one of the oldest companies of any type.....period. That is a strong history tied deeply into the fabric of America.

Starting with the Mexican-American War, Remington has armed our troops in some form or fashion up through modern day. That’s quite a legacy.

I’ve read where part of their reluctance to move had to do with the fact they have been there since 1816, with strong ties to the community. There are folks working in that plant that are 4th generation or more.

No joke. That community is there because of Remington.

I think many of us would be happier if it weren't owned by Wall Street players, and instead was helmed by gun people with a good sense of the market. The Remington brand is a great one. It's just in poor hands, in terms of living up to the tradition of the brand.

It's now standard operating procedure to ask if a Marlin is JM stamped. That's not because people are in love with those two letters of the alphabet. They want to know that it was made by Marlin, and not Remington.

I don't need to. Those hold the marketshare and are the standard for their types.

I would much rather a company specialize than be a jack of all trades. Not just in the gun industry.

You are missing the point, as large as they are and as many firearms as they offer they only have two that stand out currently. They dont offer a solid, affordable AR like Ruger or S&W. No solid carry offerings (either revolver or semi) which S&W and Ruger both have. No decent .22 offerings like Ruger or S&W. And they have plenty of competition on the rifle side and Mossberg gives them all they want in the 870 arena. They certainly had the name and the market back in the day but that has eroded badly. Much like Winchester, its a shame.

Back
Top Bottom