• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington closing?

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

I would love to see a Ruger lever 44

Just heard this on Gun Talk Radio. Supposedly official on Tuesday.

That's great that Marlin will go to Ruger. They have a long history with lever guns, but never really could make it work. That's awesome.

Sounds like PSA won't get the ammo business though, which is OK. The brands they got fit much more with their business than being an ammo company.

I'm guessing that Roundhill Group, LLC will end up owning the Remington brand, which kind of sucks, since they seem to be the typical hedge fund morons. However it's worked OK for Winchester, so maybe it won't suck (or I may be reading that completely wrong).

Reactions: GFB
Heck, I've bought Remington-made Marlins in the last year or so, and they were great guns. It can only get better with Ruger standing behind them.

I do wonder if they will move them out of Ilion NY though. I guess that depends on who actually ends up with the rest of Remington, and where they move manufacturing to.

I was under the impression that by selling off all the other brands they would probably be able to keep Remington running. Back to the basics so to speak. Could be wrong. It has happened a time or two.

Nope... when you go bankrupt 2 times in 2 years you get broken up for parts.

That's all Freedom Group and the rest of the hedge funds wanted anyways. That CT lawsuit scared the pee out of them. The company would have made it through another few years just fine, especially with these ammo sales.

The plan was to break it up and make sure that no liability could ever get back to them. It's like parting out a stolen car.

If whoever takes over making Marlin lever actions gets ready of the safety, I’d consider buying one. Until that day, there are plenty of pre-safety versions, with better fit and finish, and better wood, all over the market.

Never forget.

iu

If whoever takes over making Marlin lever actions gets ready of the safety, I’d consider buying one. Until that day, there are plenty of pre-safety versions, with better fit and finish, and better wood, all over the market.

Sorry, can't see them removing a safety device these days...

If you want a pre-safety though, they are drying up (and increasing in price) fast.

The 336s are still somewhat reasonable, probably because there's so many out there. The pistol calibers cracked $1000 for good JM guns quite a while ago, although the new ones have knocked them back down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom