• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington closing?

Sorry, can't see them removing a safety device these days...

If you want a pre-safety though, they are drying up (and increasing in price) fast.

The 336s are still somewhat reasonable, probably because there's so many out there. The pistol calibers cracked $1000 for good JM guns quite a while ago, although the new ones have knocked them back down a bit.

I’m aware.

I’m not looking for a cheap gun; I’m looking for one built thr way that it should be. I don’t have a problem paying the current prices for the pre-safety models and will continue to do so.

Same with S&W.

The safety's were added before Remington bought them. It is a simple part to delete it and it just looks like a screw head. I have a fairly recently built 1894 and deleted the safety and it is a very well made rifle and have had zero problems with it. Much nicer than some of the ones I have seen in the last years of Marlin JM stamped guns.

The safety's were added before Remington bought them. It is a simple part to delete it and it just looks like a screw head. I have a fairly recently built 1894 and deleted the safety and it is a very well made rifle and have had zero problems with it. Much nicer than some of the ones I have seen in the last years of Marlin JM stamped guns.

I’m aware of the safety delete. I shot Cowboy Action for years and they were a popular mod. I’m still not buying a lever gun with a safety on it, not when I can still buy ones without a safety that are better made with better wood.

If PSA ends up with AAC, good luck to you AAC can owners if you need anything serviced.

Heck, there's still a couple of old AAC employees at Bergara still . . . maybe they'll take in the bastard children :D

Mike Smith never moved to Alabama and is still in the Atlanta area . . . I'd think someone around could fix whatever was needed. Heck, I've got 2 m4-2000 51t latches. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom