• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington model 11 20ga s/n 1010100

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of how old this shotgun is? I have a shotgun I got from my dad that is a 20 ga model 11 the serial number is 1010100. I'm shooting birds with it later today and wondered if anyone knew approximate age?

I do not know, HOWEVER, I have a Model 11 army issue riot gun. I called Remington and the guy I spoke with was very helpful with age and history. You would do well to give them a call.

Good luck. I enjoy my 12. I am 64 and it is the second shotgun I owned at about 12 years old.

I have this 20 and a 12. The 12 is not doing so well. I brought it home to clean for my grandfather 15-20 years ago. I disassembled and the stocks got damaged by squirrels or rats in my shop. The metal has been bead blasted but never blued due to the stocks. One day!

I've got a Model 11 that was made in 1914 (confirmed by Remington) I bought it off GON site years ago and it was usable, but needed a new stock and a few sundry parts. Paid 60 for it and put 60 into. I shoot it all the time. It sports an 18in barrel now with a bead sight and a new fitted stock. Everyone that has ever shot it says how fun it is.

The Mod 11 that I have only has 5 numbers in the all matching serial numbers, forearm and buttstock included
1907 DOM, but doesn't say Mod 11 anywhere on the gun.

My father had 20 gauge mod 11 and really wanted a 12 gauge. I found one for him and bought it for $250. The wood was perfect but the metal was what you would expect a gun that old to look like. I took it to a gunsmith up in Acworth and he did the old school re-blue on it. I gave it to Dad for a Christmas present. It was like a 10 year old kid getting the present of his dreams. The guy I bought the gun from said he thought it was made in the 50's. I dated it and it turns out it was a pre mod 11. It was made in 1907. It is a beautiful gun and now sits above my mantle with the other mod 11.

My father had 20 gauge mod 11 and really wanted a 12 gauge. I found one for him and bought it for $250. The wood was perfect but the metal was what you would expect a gun that old to look like. I took it to a gunsmith up in Acworth and he did the old school re-blue on it. I gave it to Dad for a Christmas present. It was like a 10 year old kid getting the present of his dreams. The guy I bought the gun from said he thought it was made in the 50's. I dated it and it turns out it was a pre mod 11. It was made in 1907. It is a beautiful gun and now sits above my mantle with the other mod 11.

Do the forearm and the butt stock serial numbers match the gun numbers?

Back
Top Bottom