• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington Model 7 comparables.

So I am wanting a shorter and lighter rifle for deer hunting. I really like the model 7 but I am wanting to look at all of my options before I jump on a model 7. What other rifles should I look at. I am not wanting to go the custom route. I am also not brand loyalty. Thanks for the help guys.
mohawk 600 0r 660, 18 in barrel , the original scout gun. bill

get the 7 and never look back. my family has owned over 10 of them over the years if not more. I actually prefer the older 18" barrel models.

best tree stand bolt action ever.. all of ours have been very accurate once bedded and free floated.

one of the most accurate factory rifles I've ever had is a SS 7 in 7mm SAUM. shoots under 1/2 inch with hand loads all day. I also have a 300 SAUM in a SS 7 that only shoots around 3/4".. darn shame Remington dropped those.

It's still hard to beat the 770/7 actions

Without going full custom, easy enough to restock and/or rebarrel a Rem7 into what you want.

Buddy of mine has an older Rem7 in 7mm-08 with a full-length stock, game out of the Remington Custom Shop. Very nice, compact, and light.

I'm really not to worried about caliber because of that. I just won't to find a older on I'm stainless. There aren't very many out there?

Back
Top Bottom