• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington R-1 1911 in 9mm - First impressions

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
Traded for a Remington 1911 R-1 enhanced the other day and I gotta say I am overly impressed. Shot 50 rounds of pure mixed grab bag ammo today with no failures whatsover.
The fiber optic sight is well designed as is the rear sight. The fiber optic is easy to see and there is enough width in the rear sight for fast alignment.
Magazines dropped free with no hangups and accuracy seemed good considering the mixed ammo. The grips are nice with sharp checkering and a nice cutout for mag release access.
Speaking of the mag release it appears extended for easier access.
The backstrap checkering extend up to the beavertail bump, a nice tough. there are even some vertical lines in the front strap area. The 9mm was very pleasant to shoot and you can bet this gun is going to see a lot more use.
0252132.jpg

Guess I should also note I have shot well into the 6 figure mark with 1911's and 2011's and I ain't real easy to please. I could see cleaning up the trigger a bit, buying a bunch of 10 round mags and shooting USPSA single stack with one of these. And heck the trigger ain't all that bad for a modern lawyerfied gun

I had the 45 version and loved it, I wi
Guess I should also note I have shot well into the 6 figure mark with 1911's and 2011's and I ain't real easy to please. I could see cleaning up the trigger a bit, buying a bunch of 10 round mags and shooting USPSA single stack with one of these. And heck the trigger ain't all that bad for a modern lawyerfied gun

My trigger was good, not perfect, but good.

I was looking at the .45 with threaded barrel for a host. But it will be a year till I get my suppressor so no hurry
Anybody got that one? Any good?

Glad to hear you like it, Brian--We looked at the Remington 1911's at the NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibit here in Atlanta & were favorably impressed--Coupla' Q's--Does that one have the Adjustable Rear Sight & if so, what do you think of it? How "Good" or "Bad" is the Trigger Out-of-the-Box? Thanks....mikey357

Had the R1 enhanced commander and it was not even up the same quality standards as a typical Springfield. Even a standard Kimber had better fit and finish. Mine would activate the thumb safety and jam up during shooting because it was so loose and poorly fit. Remington took care of it and did so pretty quickly. The service was very good. It was a good looking 1911 too. Just couldn't keep it.

Glad to hear you like it, Brian--We looked at the Remington 1911's at the NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibit here in Atlanta & were favorably impressed--Coupla' Q's--Does that one have the Adjustable Rear Sight & if so, what do you think of it? How "Good" or "Bad" is the Trigger Out-of-the-Box? Thanks....mikey357

This one has the Novak style rear sear that is adjustable and the trigger I'm gonna guess at 5ish. I've got to clean her in a little while and I'll measure the trigger pull with a guage. It is crisp with little to no creep.

Back
Top Bottom