• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

remodeling debris disposal

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
what's the most cost-effective way to do away with construction debris while I am remodeling ?

I will have tile remove from kitchen about 300 sq ft tile/wonderboard mortar etc.

also about 900 sq ft carpet and padding in house.

should I rent a dumpster ? if so who ?

or should I just donate it to the neighborhood block party fall festival bon fire ?

what's the most cost-effective way to do away with construction debris while I am remodeling ?

I will have tile remove from kitchen about 300 sq ft tile/wonderboard mortar etc.

also about 900 sq ft carpet and padding in house.

should I rent a dumpster ? if so who ?

or should I just donate it to the neighborhood block party fall festival bon fire ?
Some carpet resellers and installers will recycle the old foam underlay as there's a market for it. Talk to your carpet installer, he may take it.

Landfill everything else that can't go to a recycler. Ga. Forestry flies every day so don't open burn it as a DNR ranger can ticket you under Title 16 which has an environmental section written by DNR-EPD. You may find yourself close to felony territory if you burn it.

don’t do what my builder did; dig a hole and bury it. He knew it would be years before it was detected. I have had 3 sink holes that I have had to deal with. :mad2:

Back
Top Bottom