• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remote firing weapons

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Was just generally wondering if anyone knew if ATF had any registration requirements for say an remote user controlled firearm. Did a quick google search and nothing. Would it need to be registered as a DD or maybe fall under AOW status?

Yea yea lol the video of drone with handgun attached stoked my interest and subsequent articles only pointed at FAA having a problem with it...

I'm on enough lists...I'm not going to Google remote firing weapons to get put on another...

Although, those remote sentry guns from Aliens were pretty awesome...

I was interested in more information on this. For example a remote thermal system mounted on top of a telephone pole next to a planted field where animals (like hogs) do damage to crops.

The only thing that I found was rules prohibiting the internet control due to unethical inhumane kills.

With the available technology it would seem easy to set up a motion detector and a remotely operated aiming and triggering device

Anti-gun heads will explode if a market forms for this. If democrats get even a whiff of it, they will use it to scare the people before anything ever gets produced.

Can't remember which movie the guy assassinated someone with a remote rifle setup, but I can see that scene all over CNN, lol.

I was interested in more information on this. For example a remote thermal system mounted on top of a
telephone pole next to a planted field where animals (like hogs) do damage to crops.

The only thing that I found was rules prohibiting the internet control due to unethical inhumane kills.

With the available technology it would seem easy to set up a motion detector and a remotely operated aiming and triggering device

Israel developed a automatic sentry gun 15 years ago.
It is an area denial weapon like a land mine field, but is easily set up, turned on and off, and moved.

Anti-gun heads will explode if a market forms for this. If democrats get even a whiff of it, they will use it to scare the people before anything ever gets produced.

Can't remember which movie the guy assassinated someone with a remote rifle setup, but I can see that scene all over CNN, lol.

The Jackal...

Back
Top Bottom