• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Renaming Military Installations Currently Named After Confederate Persons

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
Have heard rumors for a good while now, but first time I have seen the targeted list. Not final, just targeted. Thanks.

Fort AP Hill, Va., to Fort Walker, for Dr. Mary Edwards Walker.

Fort Benning, Ga., to Fort Moore, for Hal and Julia Moore.

Fort Bragg, N.C., to Fort Liberty.

Fort Gordon, Ga., to Fort Eisenhower, for President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Fort Hood, Tex., to Fort Cavazos, for Richard Cavazos.

Fort Lee, Va., to Fort Gregg-Adams, for Arthur Gregg and Charity Adams.

Fort Pickett, Va., to Fort Barfoot, for Van Barfoot.

Fort Polk, La., to Fort Johnson, for William Henry Johnson.

Fort Rucker, Ala., to Fort Novosel, for Michael Novosel.

I don't want Fort Gordon renamed it's my birth place when it was called Camp Gordon (1954). My Grandfather was stationed there (1916-1918) also my Father was stationed there (1953-1956) and I was stationed there (1975-1978) I even worked at the same Hospital I was born in. I don't want to have to change it's name leave it alone. The people who want to change these places probably never served there and have have no history with these p!aces. Leave my history alone!!!!!! Just my pluged nickels worth...

I don't want Fort Gordon renamed it's my birth place when it was called Camp Gordon (1954). My Grandfather was stationed there (1916-1918) also my Father was stationed there (1953-1956) and I was stationed there (1975-1978) I even worked at the same Hospital I was born in. I don't want to have to change it's name leave it alone. The people who want to change these places probably never served there and have have no history with these p!aces. Leave my history alone!!!!!! Just my pluged nickels worth.

Also wanted to add this my Father who was a 34year veteran of the Army and I as a army brat was stationed and lived at Ft. Benning, Ft.Bragg,Ft.Polk,Ft.Rucker,and Ft.Hood. Yeah we got some history with Army Bases.....Leave them alone.....

Back
Top Bottom