• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Renters, how do you do it?

If you’re worried about the owner stealing your guns, maybe you should find another landlord.

Get a safe or gun cabinet and keep a security camera pointed at it if you’re concerned. Indoor cameras are super cheap.

So my wife and I are thinking about selling our house and renting for a bit. How do you transient guys / renters handle your gun collection? We have no close family or friends to store stuff.
Most people rent because they don't plan on being in an area long or because they don't qualify to buy, in my experience. Just curious, but why sell your house to rent someone else's? Why go from investing in your own real estate to paying someone else's mortgage?

When we were in that same position I rented a climate controlled storage space and moved safe etc there. Behind a fence, in a locked building, behind a locked door, in a locked and bolted down safe, LOL never felt better about it. Did not move this room of goodies until the house was ready. If someone wants to steal they will steal at least make it hard, assholes are lazy.

So my wife and I are thinking about selling our house and renting for a bit. How do you transient guys / renters handle your gun collection? We have no close family or friends to store stuff.
Get a safe you can move until you buy again. We ended buying the home we'd been renting for 5 years so the transition was easy

Just curious, but why sell your house to rent someone else's? Why go from investing in your own real estate to paying someone else's mortgage?
Two main factors:
-Wife left the work force (we just had a kid). We are living as cheaply as possible and it still doesn't cut it.

Bills. Roughly: 18k in student loans, 6k in hospital bills (1st kid), and 5k in a new AC/Heat system. Just tired of bills. Having

When we were in that same position I rented a climate controlled storage space and moved safe etc there. Behind a fence, in a locked building, behind a locked door, in a locked and bolted down safe, LOL never felt better about it. Did not move this room of goodies until the house was ready. If someone wants to steal they will steal at least make it hard, assholes are lazy.
Nice. How long ago was it/what did it run a month?

Back
Top Bottom