• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reoccurring Tonsillitis

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
For the last year Ive had severely inflamed tonsils every time Ive had an illness (cold/flu/etc). Ive always treated with gargling h2o2 and salt with relief usually within 24 hours. Im currently recovering from the flu and they are the size of grapes and hurt like a mother. A literal obstruction when breathing. So a tonsillectomy is probably in my near future. Swell. Question is, what changed? Is this an indication my immune system is shot? Anyone had a similar experience? This time around, Ive been gargling for 4 days with zero reduction. Going the Ent today.

D6444C85-15E7-4B2E-96CF-6C52EF44B752.png

Good luck. Hope you can find some relief soon.

Never had that problem with my tonsils but I don't get sick that often either.

For the last year Ive had severely inflamed tonsils every time Ive had an illness (cold/flu/etc). Ive always treated with gargling h2o2 and salt with relief usually within 24 hours. Im currently recovering from the flu and they are the size of grapes and hurt like a mother. A literal obstruction when breathing. So a tonsillectomy is probably in my near future. Swell. Question is, what changed? Is this an indication my immune system is shot? Anyone had a similar experience? This time around, Ive been gargling for 4 days with zero reduction. Going the Ent today.
Maybe your hemorrhoids moved?.. Had mine out when I was 8.

Good luck. Surely the flu has precluded your tonsillitis exacerbation...

Man.. im glad you posted this.. I have seen same issue with myself and honestly reluctant to go to the doctor but I may need to do something. Mine have gotten like this just in the past year or so

Added pic. Theyre easily the size of grapes…or roids?

Good luck. Hope you can find some relief soon.

Never had that problem with my tonsils but I don't get sick that often either.
I hardly ever got sick until I had kids. But it appears I came home alone with it this time. I would consider this flu as mild but man its still kicked my butt. Grateful no one else in the house got it.
Man.. im glad you posted this.. I have seen same issue with myself and honestly reluctant to go to the doctor but I may need to do something. Mine have gotten like this just in the past year or so
Its really annoying. Ive always had to deal with tonsils stones too.
From what I remember the best thing about having tonsils removed was all the ice cream and popsicles.
Currently on carnivore keto so it would suck for me.

You might have tonsil stones, based on your rather large and disgusting photographs. The pockets in the surface of your tonsils where the stones form can trap bacteria, which can cause severe inflammation.

Not a doctor, not even an actor, so I can't play a doctor in a TV show.

Back
Top Bottom