• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rep Matt Gaetz trying to take on the ATF

I'll have to disagree. Folks that collect those kind of toys aren't gonna miss a few grand.
We're not talking "a few grand." The example you quoted was for one rifle. There are guys out there with dozens of rifles, some more expensive than an M60. We're talking millions of dollars for some of these guys.

I don't know how you would control supply, though. Some of the heavy hitters in the NFA realm, FN, for instance probably has no desire to ramp up production to sell to the civilian market. But would they sell the right to, say, Palmetto State, to tool up to build M249's?

If the NFA goes away, there's no way prices don't plummet. The only thing keeping them sky high is the demand vs their finite supply. When supply becomes infinite, both demand and price plummet. How many people want a machine gun just because they can't have one? When they can have one, will they still want it?
Supply is never infinite. You could limit it legislatively, indefinitely or temporarily, or the manufacturers could do it.
You don't think suppressor manufacturers would want it off the NFA list? I know you're concentrating on full auto etc, but I'm not in that market the same reason I'm not in the suppressor market. And it's not cost.

What a lot of people don't really want to consider is the fact that it isn't a "politician" that's going to make this get tabled and never out of committee. There are a lot of people out there that have millions of dollars of NFA inventory that would be instantly worthless if the NFA was over turned. They will never let this happen. It would cost them millions. Nothing to do with any politicians.
Agreed. And let's not forget these millionaires donate a lot of money to powerful people to keep these things in place. Can't let the peasants have any fun.

We'll just have to see how it shakes out. I don't have a dog in this fight other than the country I love. The marxist left's foolishness will run it's course eventually. God willing.

The best bet we have right now is the Supreme Court, with these brace lawsuits that will be filed. A carefully laid out case could target the NFA itself. And with the majority Trump built, it could be overturned. No elected politician’s votes would be required, and Brandon couldn’t stop it.

It’s a long shot, but it could go down that way.

This might work if we had firm support in both Houses and a President that would sign it. As it stands it's just PR.

The fix for this is in the courts right now, and sad to say GOA is the only major group that hasn't funded a response yet.

Even the NRA has promised to cover half of FRACs legal costs. SAF and FPC have already publicly stated they will file injunctions as soon as it's published and actionable.

I was really hoping GOA had turned the corner and was more willing to step up, and maybe they actually will. Like everything with this new rule, only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom