• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rep Matt Gaetz trying to take on the ATF

hdsailorman

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
66   0
Reaction score

Time to send letters to congress and support the GOA. Just maybe ATF has crossed one line too many here!
Inform legislators that the 88 day rule will instantly create felons for folks who have reported their "previously legal" pistols with braces due to the fact that after 88 days the request to register as SBR will be denied. No way the ATF can process those number of filings in 88 days. Its a trap!

Time to send letters to congress and support the GOA. Just maybe ATF has crossed one line too many here!
Inform legislators that the 88 day rule will instantly create felons for folks who have reported their "previously legal" pistols with braces due to the fact that after 88 days the request to register as SBR will be denied. No way the ATF can process those number of filings in 88 days. Its a trap!
When did it become 88? I thought I was 120?

Nothing will come of it. As usual, they'll have tons of meetings in lavish places while eating $500 meals and burning 1000's of gallons of jet fuel. Meanwhile, us silly peasants will have to foot the bill and pay homage to the crown.

He is not going to do anything lol. A bunch of grand standing.

Gaetz told FOX News, “My bill would abolish the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to try defunding the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to target the individual bureaucrats at the top of the ATF who have exceeded their authority in rulemaking. And if that doesn’t work, we’re going to take a meat cleaver to the statutes that the ATF believes broadly authorize their actions.”

Sounds like a plan. Be interesting to see if it gets followed though.

Gaetz told FOX News, “My bill would abolish the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to try defunding the ATF. If that doesn’t work, we’re going to target the individual bureaucrats at the top of the ATF who have exceeded their authority in rulemaking. And if that doesn’t work, we’re going to take a meat cleaver to the statutes that the ATF believes broadly authorize their actions.”

Sounds like a plan. Be interesting to see if it gets followed though.

If he truly believes that, he’ll take cans and SBRs off the NFA.

I know for a fact that won’t happen.

Back
Top Bottom