• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Repairs Now Available at HDS

I have an 1911 external extractor (40/10mm) that has the hook broken off of it. Can you repair something like this or machine a new one if required?

Yes. We would replace the extractor with factory new, and fit and time it for you. Couple of questions though. Do you know the approx round count? Although extractors do break, there are extenuating circumstances when they do with low round counts. It’s typically indicative of another issue that also needs addressing. Years ago I had one brought in that the extractor was binding, which caused excessive resistance and broke the extractor. Have you got some spent brass from around the time the extractor failed that you could bring with it? If you’d like for us to do the repair, be sure to at least make notes of the type of ammunition you a typically use, and if possible bring a few rounds with you. We function test after repair to be sure we have not only fixed the issue, but can attest to the corrective action by live fire if possible.

Shrek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up my 10mm 1911. Josh did a fantastic job on creating a one off extractor. Fast turn around, great communication, and great results. Last gunsmith has this gun of almost 9 months and didn't do a thing to get it going.
Thanks again!!

BUMP+boobs1202556859.gif

Just picked up my 10mm 1911. Josh did a fantastic job on creating a one off extractor. Fast turn around, great communication, and great results. Last gunsmith has this gun of almost 9 months and didn't do a thing to get it going.
Thanks again!!

Thanks for entrusting us with it. CHirt got to have the fun of function testing... all I did was the real work. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to get to test it myself soon. Between father-in-law passing, working, and been at the beach for a week, haven't had time to get over to the range . Everything you did looks top notch and I'm sure will perform the same.
Thanks again for getting it running.

20190613_115446.jpg
We got a chance to make a quick range trip today to function test. Gun ran like a top and 10mm has a different sound in the range. After retraining myself on 1911 grip/trigger, the gun was putting them POA. Don't hesitate to ask them about any gunsmith work as they are top notch and stay in touch the whole time. It will be hard to find something more challenging that what they did for me.
Pics of testing.

Back
Top Bottom