• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Replace a transmission on 8 year old Yukon for $5800?

Sharpsburg

Boar Icon Lifetime Supporter
Soylent green is people!
173   0
Reaction score
My transmission went out on my 2015 GMC Yukon with 120k miles. it’s the first problem I’ve had with the vehicle since buying it in 2015. I maintain it on schedule and am a bit shocked it went out this soon with not much towing. Dealer says $5800 to replace it, which is a little more than quotes I got from another mechanic I trust and AAMCO (which has lots of bad reviews based on my internet research).

Just wondering if you have thoughts on whether this is worth spending on a vehicle of this age with 120k miles compared to just trading in as is and buying a new one.

Randy’s Transmission 678-427-4384. Just replaced mine 200k miles of pulling big weight every day. $3600.
He came highly recommended and I went with him. He’s off Lower Fayetteville Rd. Tell him Arbor Tech Tree Service recommended him.

My transmission went out on my 2015 GMC Yukon with 120k miles. it’s the first problem I’ve had with the vehicle since buying it in 2015. I maintain it on schedule and am a bit shocked it went out this soon with not much towing. Dealer says $5800 to replace it, which is a little more than quotes I got from another mechanic I trust and AAMCO (which has lots of bad reviews based on my internet research).

Just wondering if you have thoughts on whether this is worth spending on a vehicle of this age with 120k miles compared to just trading in as is and buying a new one.
Stay away from AAMCO

Back
Top Bottom