• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Replaced those ugly plastic grips on my Ruger

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
with a set of black line maple grips from Chigs Grips. Not bad for $55 shipped and they fit nice and tight. Was going to get a set of elk horn grips til I found these.

IMG_4995.JPG

That IS an improvement. I never cared much for Ruger single actions until recently when I saw that model I think is called the Shopkeeper.
Yep...the short barrel Vaqueros look sharp.
I recently picked up a Ruger Vaquero (not a "New Vaquero" but the older Vaquero built on the larger frame). I really think you can't find a better revolver for the price. I have a few pre lock S&W revolvers in my collection, but seriously considering limiting any new to me revolver purchases to Ruger/Uberti single action guns. You can get two ot three for the price of one vintage S&W N frame.

Yep...the short barrel Vaqueros look sharp.
I recently picked up a Ruger Vaquero (not a "New Vaquero" but the older Vaquero built on the larger frame). I really think you can't find a better revolver for the price. I have a few pre lock S&W revolvers in my collection, but seriously considering limiting any new to me revolver purchases to Ruger/Uberti single action guns. You can get two ot three for the price of one vintage S&W N frame.
My stepfather has a very early 70s Ruger while I believe is referred to as a 3 screw. It's bright shiny nickel with pearly grips. Probably ain't had a dozen rounds through it since 1975. But that old dickhead won't leave it to me .

Looks good! Just got this today and ive been trying to track down a nice looking set but they are either WAY too expensive or way too boring looking.
uberti.JPG

Back
Top Bottom