• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Repowering!

Life motto.
"Nothing is easy. Then things go wrong."

The boat is finally done in every aspect. Went to pick it up and head for the lake and... shock on my vehicle broke. Actually broke completely off on one end. Vehicle in shop, boat still at mechanic. :mmph: :doh:

Life motto.
"Nothing is easy. Then things go wrong."

The boat is finally done in every aspect. Went to pick it up and head for the lake and... shock on my vehicle broke. Actually broke completely off on one end. Vehicle in shop, boat still at mechanic. :mmph: :doh:

Have you been hanging out with Bypass?? Man, I’ve been waiting on the re power report. Dangit

Have you been hanging out with Bypass?? Man, I’ve been waiting on the re power report. Dangit
Yes. "Dangit" on steroids.

Repower was actually done last week, but on the test run they said it was still listing a little to port at speed, so I left it with them and told them to install trim tabs. Something I was probably going to do eventually anyway.

Yes. "Dangit" on steroids.

Repower was actually done last week, but on the test run they said it was still listing a little to port at speed, so I left it with them and told them to install trim tabs. Something I was probably going to do eventually anyway.

Yeah I read about the trim tabs, good idea to go ahead with that. At least the shock is no big deal.

I'm really thinking of doing the same thing.....RE-POWER my center console. That or just biting the bullet and buying a new one. I have the Yamaha V4 115 hp 2 stroke. Runs like a BEAST. 44 mph. Great motor, but the idling around (2 stroke) gives me a headache. I always have to use stabil, run noneth fuel, run fuel out, etc. Just a total PITA. EFI is just car gas and go!

I'm rated at a MAX of 115, so going to my dealer this AM and see what a new Suzuki / Yamaha will run me and when can they do it. Not entirely sure what my 115 is worth. I see mixed prices, generally $2000-3000, top end of that with controls, etc.
Maybe i'll just buy a new one....not sure what trade value is on this one either, but used boat prices are TOP TIER right now. Just don't feel like showing the boat to a bunch of morons that never owned a boat, don't know what they want, or gonna offer me dog pee.

Ahhhh, the joys of owning a boat.

I'm really thinking of doing the same thing.....RE-POWER my center console. That or just biting the bullet and buying a new one. I have the Yamaha V4 115 hp 2 stroke. Runs like a BEAST. 44 mph. Great motor, but the idling around (2 stroke) gives me a headache. I always have to use stabil, run noneth fuel, run fuel out, etc. Just a total PITA. EFI is just car gas and go!

I'm rated at a MAX of 115, so going to my dealer this AM and see what a new Suzuki / Yamaha will run me and when can they do it. Not entirely sure what my 115 is worth. I see mixed prices, generally $2000-3000, top end of that with controls, etc.
Maybe i'll just buy a new one....not sure what trade value is on this one either, but used boat prices are TOP TIER right now. Just don't feel like showing the boat to a bunch of morons that never owned a boat, don't know what they want, or gonna offer me dog pee.

Ahhhh, the joys of owning a boat.
Yep. New 4 stroke means quiet, powerful, better fuel efficiency, no oil smoke, easy fueling, etc... etc. Just simple and better.

I’ve got a 2018 Suzuki 90 HO on my Carolina Skiff 178DLV. It’s a heck of a motor. I wouldn’t think twice about near shore fishing in my little boat on a good day in the gulf. Motor starts every time I hit the key. Much better than a 2 stroke. You will be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 2018 Suzuki 90 HO on my Carolina Skiff 178DLV. It’s a heck of a motor. I wouldn’t think twice about near shore fishing in my little boat on a good day in the gulf. Motor starts every time I hit the key. Much better than a 2 stroke. You will be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm dying here. As long as I've waited to get everything the way I want it I can't get on the lake due to work and the weather is about to turn bad.

I picked it up from the shop on Friday.
bt2.jpg

bt1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom