• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Repowering!

Shoot, I know guides that go out Perdido pass every day in that same boat. I take my little 178DLV out when it nice. I’d rather be in the gulf than Lanier any weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it out for a solid hour on Wednesday. Lake was fairly smooth so we had to find some wakes from boats to fully test. 25 mph or so over bumps was fine. If you are going faster you can feel them more.
Again, much smoother than my 198 dlx. Waiting for a rougher day so I can play with trim. I had the 198 mastered pretty good for wakes and chop with trim.

AGREE.........Lanier is getting worse every year. More newbie's, jetski's that don't know laws, and drunks..........
I love the Gulf, but we are 353 miles from our place down there. Kid in school, which makes it tough to get down there during a school year unless we have a long weekend. Spring break in a week so should be down giving a solid test run! Hopefully weather cooperates.

Took it out for a solid hour on Wednesday. Lake was fairly smooth so we had to find some wakes from boats to fully test. 25 mph or so over bumps was fine. If you are going faster you can feel them more.
Again, much smoother than my 198 dlx. Waiting for a rougher day so I can play with trim. I had the 198 mastered pretty good for wakes and chop with trim.

AGREE.........Lanier is getting worse every year. More newbie's, jetski's that don't know laws, and drunks..........
I love the Gulf, but we are 353 miles from our place down there. Kid in school, which makes it tough to get down there during a school year unless we have a long weekend. Spring break in a week so should be down giving a solid test run! Hopefully weather cooperates.
Where's your place on the Gulf? (Jealous!)

Lanier is home base for me. I love catching Stripers and I'm slowly getting better at it. With that said, I got this boat for the Gulf. My first week at St. George Island is coming up in May.

Where's your place on the Gulf? (Jealous!)

Lanier is home base for me. I love catching Stripers and I'm slowly getting better at it. With that said, I got this boat for the Gulf. My first week at St. George Island is coming up in May.
Between Mexico Beach AND Port St Joe.
Launch of Port St Joe and explore Saint Joseph Bay.
I tried Indian Pass ONCE....that's challenging w/the currents AND sand bars.
Been to the tip of San Blas many times and it is amazing!

I need to learn how to catch stripers. Teach me....!

Teach you to catch Stripers? It would be damn near the blind leading the blind right now. LOL!

Unless I can figure out how to catch Tarpon in Apalachicola Bay itself, I'm going to have to learn to navigate Indian Pass. I went there with a guide about 15 years ago and it was great fishing. Simple effective techniques that I was paying close attention to, also. I get the impression that the conditions there have gotten a lot more difficult since then.

The plan is to do annual trips in May for general fishing and another one in August specifically targeting Tarpon.

Teach you to catch Stripers? It would be damn near the blind leading the blind right now. LOL!

Unless I can figure out how to catch Tarpon in Apalachicola Bay itself, I'm going to have to learn to navigate Indian Pass. I went there with a guide about 15 years ago and it was great fishing. Simple effective techniques that I was paying close attention to, also. I get the impression that the conditions there have gotten a lot more difficult since then.

The plan is to do annual trips in May for general fishing and another one in August specifically targeting Tarpon.
nice....!
I'm only an expert at catching sharks in the bay. LOL
and Bream at Lanier. Can catch 20+ in one sitting.

Last summer I tried carp and ended up catching some good size ones at lanier. Occasionally a catfish while carp fishing.

nice....!
I'm only an expert at catching sharks in the bay. LOL
and Bream at Lanier. Can catch 20+ in one sitting.

Last summer I tried carp and ended up catching some good size ones at lanier. Occasionally a catfish while carp fishing.
I'm a little excited about being able to chase diving birds down now. I already do okay freelining live bait at the right time of year and I'm hoping the birds will add a second technique I can catch fish with. I've never had consistent results from finding fish deep with sonar and then dropping lures or baits to them. Unfortunately, Stripers stay deep most of the year on Lanier.

I'm a little excited about being able to chase diving birds down now. I already do okay freelining live bait at the right time of year and I'm hoping the birds will add a second technique I can catch fish with. I've never had consistent results from finding fish deep with sonar and then dropping lures or baits to them. Unfortunately, Stripers stay deep most of the year on Lanier.

it is an art. I have never perfected it.
Lanier is not an easy lake to fish they say.......

Salt water IMO, is 10x better. I love it, just can't get down to FL as often as i'd like with my son in school. Once he is out of school, I should have PLENTY of time to enjoy.

Indian Pass can be *tough*!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom