• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Resale???

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
So the gun industry dodged a bullet with Trump or did they?

$200 shields and $400 ARs. Rebates and ammo prices dropping. One would think this is a Pro Gun Santa present. Yet I already have 3 ARs and rebates and clearance sales are crippling resale or trade values on ODT for several brands. Or at least they should be. SF may close shop if enough people avoid them but probably not. Im sure they have a steady + dedicated fan base.

Im considering just buying a stack of lowers but other than stocking up on ammo, im at a bit of a loss. Im surprised Glock hasnt jumped on the band wagon. A 9mm shield for the price of a hi point has to have effected poly sales.

I can buy 2 Colt ARs or 3 Smiths ARs for what one luxury AR cost and probably a M+P pistol also.

Whats in the near future for your $$$?

The market certainly is in a turmoil. I've no idea where it's going to land, but there's got to be some casualties at the current pricing points.

This is just a temporary market correction. The weak "me too" gun makers will get shaken out and normalcy will return well before the next election.

This is a good time to make purchases for your children, both in hardware and ammo.

Just seems odd how its a race to the bottom. Wonder whos stocking up ARs for the next election. One reason I've considered picking up a few lowers and mags. Are people not buying anything? Whats driving the prices down? My guess is people are comfortable with where they are and where gun laws are going for the moment.
At the end of the term it will be another mad rush.

Just seems odd how its a race to the bottom. Wonder whos stocking up ARs for the next election. One reason I've considered picking up a few lowers and mags. Are people not buying anything? Whats driving the prices down? My guess is people are comfortable with where they are and where gun laws are going for the moment.
At the end of the term it will be another mad rush.

Suppliers and manufacturers were banking on Hillery. They expected a HUGE demand following her election.

They chose poorly, and the excess inventory is causing prices to crater.

As mentioned above, this is a market correction, and will be short (measured in years, not weeks) lived.

Everybody who wants a gun has one. Several people who would have never bought one under 'normal' circumstances acquired one or more over the last 8 years. It's called market saturation. Unless and until something spikes another artificial demand, this IS close to 'normal', I've got NO problem with it. Guns aren't about money, at all, to me. I promise you there are a bunch of low end $1,200 ARs that have never been shot and never will be, living all by their lonesomes, in closets, all across America.

=I like firearms to shoot and collect. Not to resale or make a profit. For everyone that overpaid prior to elections, sorry.
This. Most people who aren't in it for the back-end resale value are going to have a good 4-8 years collecting affordable guns. Like stated, if you bought a $1,500 AR, sorry. It was a good life lesson for you.

Back
Top Bottom