• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Restoration of rights?

I also disagree with the idea that life was different then. We have a much higher percentage of our population in prison today than we did 35 years ago. Much higher percentage of people abusing drugs. Guns and drugs are both easier to get illegally.

higher percentage of all that due higher population. Obviously when you have more people... you have more potential crime. Yes life was different back then as well. You get caught DUI... there was a chance the local deputy drives you home or lets someone come pick you up... now its an automatic arrest and license suspension. Of course armed robbery was always serious... but laws have evolved substantially over the past 35 years. Now a days I can ACTUALLY knock someone's @55 out for a simple battery misdemeanor or THREATEN to knock someone's @55 out for a terroristic threat felony.

sorry about the slight off topic speil... but if you do not think times/laws/life/etc have changed from the 70's... enjoy the rock you have been hiding under.

Last edited:
i love all these holier than thou posts. He deserved it... do the crime do the time... blah blah blah.

The fact that he is trying to go about obtaining a gun LEGALLY speaks volumes in and of itself. Seriously it would much easier to simply sign up on ODT and BUY ONE FTF. Unless he intends to commit a crime with it, odds are, he will never get caught. I applaud this guy for trying to go the correct route.

hell I bet some of you frequent sellers/traders have sold to felon without knowing it.

If people do not have a means to restore their rights... then they will use FTF as a means to obtain a firearm. Once we get enough crime by FTF obtained guns, guess what happens to FTF in Georgia? say goodbye folks.

that would just show they're still a criminal.

Guys, please, do you realize what you are posting..does the words compounding, accessory or conspiracy sound familiar.I am not trying to start an argument and if you want to that go ahead but I can't believe I'm seeing people who talk about being law abiding and legal responsible carriers actually laying out a means to use this site to enable/encourage others to commit a felony.
Don't come back with anybody can think of that ..anybody didn't you did and what anybody can think of what what they actually say or print is totally different....A prosecutor would tell you you just committed an overt act in the furtherance of a crime.
Jeez, please think what you're doing.

Guys, please, do you realize what you are posting..does the words compounding, accessory or conspiracy sound familiar.I am not trying to start an argument and if you want to that go ahead but I can't believe I'm seeing people who talk about being law abiding and legal responsible carriers actually laying out a means to use this site to enable/encourage others to commit a felony.
Don't come back with anybody can think of that ..anybody didn't you did and what anybody can think of what what they actually say or print is totally different....A prosecutor would tell you you just committed an over act in the furtherance of a crime.
Jeez, please think what you're doing.

what the hell are you talking about???

what the hell are you talking about???

"seriously it would much easier to simply sign up on ODT and BUY ONE FTF. Unless he intends to commit a crime with it, odds are, he will never get caught. I applaud this guy for trying to go the correct route."

This and apparently by the attitude reflected in your response without thinking it out..you just proved the point.
I'm talking about your freedom and if you don't see it..sorry for you.

"seriously it would much easier to simply sign up on ODT and BUY ONE FTF. Unless he intends to commit a crime with it, odds are, he will never get caught. I applaud this guy for trying to go the correct route."

This and apparently by the attitude reflected in your response without thinking it out..you just proved the point.
I'm talking about your freedom and if you don't see it..sorry for you.

find me a prosecutor that would charge me with anything based upon what I just wrote... seriously... do it... I have some numbers if you want to call. In fact I just got off the phone with a ADA in cherokee for one of our clients... want me to call him back real quick and post how hard he laughs?

making an obvious statement does absolutely nothing. I have not committed any conspiracy or aided and abetted a criminal. and my past statement still stands... "IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER TO SIMPLY SIGN UP ON ODT AND BUY ONE FTF. UNLESS HE INTENDS TO COMMIT A CRIME WITH IT, ODDS ARE, HE WILL NEVER GET CAUGHT" plain f***ing common sense. If a would be criminal REALLLLLLLLY needed me to post that before he knew how to get a gun, then he has already failed in life.

unbelievable. badger how many people have you sold/traded with? did you run background checks on your FTF? If not, then you very well could have provided a gun to a felon or other ineligible person.

Although you may not be held responsible if that gun is used in a crime... you very well may have to talk to some government folks in the future. How do I know? Because about a year ago, I got a call from my FFL and then a call from the GBI informing me that a gun I purchased (Jennings 22) was used in a homicide in New York. They ran me through the ringer as to who it was sold to, dates, description of the person. They finally left me alone once they knew I was not hiding anything, but it was still a very unpleasant experience. Fortunately in this case... i had an undeniable paper trail to give them.

anyways... the topic of this thread is how to restore rights... shall we attempt to proceed with that? or shall badger continue to badger me with unfounded banter?

what really sucks... is we are so close to each other... and under normal circumstances probably would get along great and possibly do a trade in the future...

Last edited:
No CCW permit or not a LEO, I don't .
This thread originally with a request for information and advice on how a felon could "legally" get a gun, you just advised him . don't worry get one one here..you probably won't get caught..and you don't see anything wrong with that "totality of circumstances"..Keep laughing the way you're going that sense of humor may come in handy. I didn't realize you have such a broad knowledge.
Be sure and tell the ADA that you were responding to the thread about a how a felon could his right to own a firearm restored when you made that "statement"
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO and YOU CAN BE SURE I'LL NOT TRY TO HELP YOU AGAIN!!

Last edited:
No CCW permit or not a LEO, I don't .
This thread originally with a request for information and advice on how a felon could "legally" get a gun, you just advised him . don't worry get one one here..you probably won't get caught..and you don't see anything wrong with that "totality of circumstances"..Keep laughing the way you're going that sense of humor may come in handy. I didn't realize you have such a broad knowledge.
I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO and YOU CAN BE SURE I'LL NOT TRY TO HELP YOU AGAIN!!

I "just advised him"... let me guess... you work for the media right? you are good a spinning words and paraphrasing quotes to help keep your drowning argument alive...

Okedoke boss... whatever you say guy...

Back
Top Bottom