• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

But hey. It's good for local business right? LOL.
ok
so if tax on internet sales is a problem, and wont help local sales....why are so many complaining about it and saying this site is not charging yet...better do all your big purchases now?
buy quick before you have to pay 7%...but 7% wont change peoples buying habits???
i just dont get it..
collect no sales tax at all or in a global/nation wide merchandise marketplace,even the field and collect tax.
you can say "when sales tax started in the 1930's you did not pay sales tax on catalog orders." all you want.
but catalog sales made up a few percent of orders. online sales make up a huge portion of all purchases now..
end of the day,tax sucks. it is a pain for me,i do them every month. i would love no tax at all, 40% income tax and no sales tax, or a 20 % sales tax and no income tax. the latter being more work for me but better for everyone.
think it thru..
people used to shop local and on occasion order from a catalog. right now while i am typing this, i could open another window and buy everything from an apple to a stuffed zebra.....and never leave my house.
Bob

do be small sighted..some services will always be local. you cant get a plumber to e-mail a septic system pumping. but when part of all of your business is retail sales, the internet effects it.
a house painter wont be affected.....a paint store will.
i gun coater wont be affected, a recoil spring store would..

do be small sighted..some services will always be local. you cant get a plumber to e-mail a septic system pumping. but when part of all of your business is retail sales, the internet effects it.
a house painter wont be affected.....a paint store will.
i gun coater wont be affected, a recoil spring store would..

I do sales now and am working on building a retail area in the shop. My main focus though will be running most my retail through a website and doing a lot of drop shipping though. Shopping from your smartphone is the future, this won't change that a bit. You can either follow the path of Amazon or the path of Toys-R-Us.

Small sighted is believing online shopping isn't the present reality and future.

In the meantime the price I pay for Cerakote, rubber gloves, filters, acetone and about 100 other things just went up 4%. Yay for small business.

Back
Top Bottom