• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

I'll still buy online. B&M will never compete on price with Amazon, et., al. Well.....almost never. Plus I get no ATT TI TUDE from my smart phone. Can't say that about businesses in Macon.

Whatever I was buying in retail stores local before I'll likely keep buying there. This won't make suddenly want to shop and support Batteries Plus with their 9,000% markup LOL!

And it's not just the 4% tax we will be paying. Every online retailer had to buy new software and hire new employees to comply with this new law. They have to know the tax rates and regs of all 50 states now. We will be paying that cost as well.

Now the big retailers will absord this cost with little set back. But the small businesses getting into the game will be hit hard making it even more difficult for them to compete.

And it's not just the 4% tax we will be paying. Every online retailer had to buy new software and hire new employees to comply with this new law. They have to know the tax rates and regs of all 50 states now. We will be paying that cost as well.

Now the big retailers will absord this cost with little set back. But the small businesses getting into the game will be hit hard making it even more difficult for them to compete.
But...but...with fewer and fewer choices online won't that be better for local mom & pop shops? Can't they jam it to you now? LOL.

lets put this into a perspective...
this could be a movie of the week....
palmettomoon owns a coffee shop and toilet paper store. fatalbert loves him some poop'n. he is a big guy and eats a lot of waffle house and krystal. because of this,he uses a lot of wipe.. he buys 100 bucks worth of wipe a week...krystals you know. he stops every morning at moon's grounds and wipes for his morning coffee, nice and bold for a loose bowel. he could buy his rolls of "brown hole bulldozers" when he gets his coffee,but it would cost an extra 7 bucks a week, thats 364 bucks a year..thats like 3 1/2 weeks of wiping for free...
now that fatalbert has to pay tax on it,he just picks it up when he buys his coffee,and he discovers one of the "coolest"things ever on the impulse buy rack at the check out.... CROD POWDER!!!! he can sprinkle the boys and the in valley of mud on those hot summer days...
the moral of the story????
if you charge sales tax on online sales, palmettomoon makes a little more money every week, and people dont smell fatalberts swamp @$$ as much in the summer..
THE END
disclaimer
all people and places in this story are fictional. any similarities to real people and places living or dead are completely coincidental.
copyright poopdaddy productions MMXIX. use of this story by any persons or entities is strictly prohibited...:becky::becky::becky:

I do sales now and am working on building a retail area in the shop. My main focus though will be running most my retail through a website and doing a lot of drop shipping though. Shopping from your smartphone is the future, this won't change that a bit. You can either follow the path of Amazon or the path of Toys-R-Us.

Small sighted is believing online shopping isn't the present reality and future.

In the meantime the price I pay for Cerakote, rubber gloves, filters, acetone and about 100 other things just went up 4%. Yay for small business.

then find a (local or international) WHOLESALER and buy your products there. you should NEVER pay tax on resale items and only use tax on shop use items...
dont you have a tax id number? when i order from my suppliers i dont pay sales tax,i am not the end user...yay!!!
heck, if you need rubber gloves, i can order them from my supplier and sell them to you tax free. i will just need a copy of your tax id and resale number..
wholesaler you know....

then find a (local or international) WHOLESALER and buy your products there. you should NEVER pay tax on resale items and only use tax on shop use items...
dont you have a tax id number? when i order from my suppliers i dont pay sales tax,i am not the end user...yay!!!
heck, if you need rubber gloves, i can order them from my supplier and sell them to you tax free. i will just need a copy of your tax id and resale number..
wholesaler you know....

I do have a tax ID number and know all about wholesalers. I have several accounts with different gun dealers and sporting supplies. And I'd be willing to bet your wholesaler charges more than Amazon for rubber gloves so no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom