• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

How do you think all this internet crap gets delivered? It may hurt you selling motorcycle parts, but the economy is spurred in other ways. Think of how much more fuel is used, jobs for delivery drivers, etc. You act like money spent online somehow magically generates zero extra revenue for Georgia. Wrong. Data centers for online sites, IT professionals, and probably a million other things that help the local economy.

I'll contend that at least for me personally this will reduce the amount of overall money I spend and at no point will I start looking for brick and mortar to patronize. You have to do something extraordinary as a small, local business to drive people to you. Honestly in your profession that should be easy. It's not like you're selling batteries.

How do you think all this internet crap gets delivered? It may hurt you selling motorcycle parts, but the economy is spurred in other ways. Think of how much more fuel is used, jobs for delivery drivers, etc. You act like money spent online somehow magically generates zero extra revenue for Georgia. Wrong. Data centers for online sites, IT professionals, and probably a million other things that help the local economy.

I'll contend that at least for me personally this will reduce the amount of overall money I spend and at no point will I start looking for brick and mortar to patronize. You have to do something extraordinary as a small, local business to drive people to you. Honestly in your profession that should be easy. It's not like you're selling batteries.

Go back and read the tale of two lemonade stands. It's explains everything perfectly. Basic economics be damned! Why do you hate your neighbor?

Back
Top Bottom