• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail market on C&R Rifles is as sparse as Ive ever seen.

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
The only thing I see out there are 1916 Spanish Mausers from jandgsales.com...for $180 in 7mm. Good price but the crests have been scrubbed and the reviews on them are really bad.

classic has had anything for a decent price in a long time, now they are flat out of pretty much anything interesting. J&G Sales hasnt had anything worthwhile in a long time and some of the others that I normally check are bare bones as well. Anyone seen anything out there worthwhile on the retail market?

There isn't alot out there and what's there seems to be priced really high. Did it dry up or are importers sitting on them? Not sure..

On a similar note, i used to like Classic Firearms but now i don't. That whole "they go on sale at noon on Monday" and "these are the last so get yours before they're gone" crap is nothing but a money grab and drives prices up. Trouble is....it's working

Century got all of the Samco stuff and are selling it off in batches mainly through Classic. A lot of it was piles of parts on pallets . Takes time to assemble these . More will come

The only stuff that I am really seeing is what's available on here. I was at Franklin's today to kill some time and found a Russian capture K98 that was perhaps mildly interesting. It was a K98 with a "ce 42" stamp on it (Sauer), but it was lightly bubba'ed and not worth the ask price, at least not to me. It appears that the C&R market is mostly dried up. Pickins are slim and what is there is in pretty sad shape.

Someone mentioned this in an SKS thread - there are some interesting finds out there, but you have to go to actual gun shops to find the stuff.

I've gotten a couple of cool things from Classic but they've kinda lost me with their marketing. But like alleycat alleycat said, it sure seems to be working for them.

AIMSurplus has been slim pickens for some time now. I've gotten a couple of Swiss rifles from them in the past. I think that's where I got my Star pistols from, too.

Ohio Guns has some stuff but they are proud of it.

If you live near Cabelas they sometimes get some interesting stuff pass through their pre-owned area but you have to be persistent (and lucky!).

I have to go to Memphis this week and on Friday on the way home I'm stopping by the CMP store to try to get a 1903. If they don't have any maybe another Garand for investment purposes...

What's a shame is the dollar is pretty strong right now which means importers should be able to buy at an advantage and hopefully pass the savings on to us.

Maybe the geopolitics of today are not letting arms in or out? If I was Ukraine i wouldnt sell another mosin. If I was Russia I would hold onto every thing.

Back
Top Bottom