• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retired Doctor Calls Attention to Medicine’s Shameful Silence on Suppressors

The tax is an irritant, it is the 1 YEAR wait that is the deal breaker for me. Ain't gonna happen till that is gone.
No Tax.....No Wait, but I get what you are saying. :thumb:

Edit to Add: Ok, No Tax.......there would be a wait, because EVERYBODY would want one!

How many guns do you think would be sold if everyone had to prepay and go through a 1 year waiting period?
I don't know....But I do know that would put a serious dent in my previous trading excursions! If I had to prepay then wait a year...I would do a lot less ODTing! :wacko:

There is no need for wait times to last as long as they do. I believe it's an anti class 3 environment created by the ATF. I don't even think you could blame 1 year waits on bad government workers, you might have an element in there but it cannot explain a year wait. I believe there is pressure to purposely slow walk these transfers and as long as congress doesn't get involved it will continue to happen. The ATF doesn't believe congress will act either, they can't see any member of congress coming out to question their tactics for machine gun owners and exactly who would publicly stand up for them. The waits will continue to be long until members of congress hold hearings about it and question why it takes so long, but there are really more important items they should be working on. Don't get me wrong I hate the long waits and have had waits over a year long several times. Some high ranking politician is going to have to get caught in a scandal purposely slowing the process involved with the ATF. Emails or tapes will have to come out and something might get done. The wait times should take no lander than a month at most maximum.

Back
Top Bottom