• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retro AR pic/build thread

11147059_10202711573269008_3962666544756063402_o(1).jpg

Thank you . NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter made my xm177 possible . I have not seen a complete kit in stock since I got that one from him. Pretty sure he had it made

I actually made it. The upper was a 16" HBAR Bushmaster with A1 upper. I cut, crowned, and reprofiled the barrel to 10.5", opened up the gas port to spec and put it back together. I took it to @Nonliberal at Dobbs Defense, but he had me do the work with his guidance.

The A1 pistol grip came off am old surplus M16 and the stock was actually from some carbon abomination I bought just for the stock.

Wish I hadn't traded it off to you.

I actually made it. The upper was a 16" HBAR Bushmaster with A1 upper. I cut, crowned, and reprofiled the barrel to 10.5", opened up the gas port to spec and put it back together. I took it to @Nonliberal at Dobbs Defense, but he had me do the work with his guidance.

The A1 pistol grip came off am old surplus M16 and the stock was actually from some carbon abomination I bought just for the stock.

Wish I hadn't traded it off to you.
Nice. All that stuff is gone man. Like old school Galil rifles. Poof ! Gone. I’ve ran that upper hard . Never a single issue . Good barrel.

I shoulda bought that Upper from you :rain:

I was expecting to put it together and list it, I had no idea my gun shop buddy was gonna want it. He's gonna remove the FH and run it as a 11.5" upper on his sbr...

View attachment 1378273 View attachment 1378274 View attachment 1378276 View attachment 1378277
I went with the 602-603 Model retro,
Armalite lower (wish I could "afford" the Colt-Armalite lower), Colt complete A-1 upper w/20" pencil barrel, teardrop foreward assist and 3 pronged muzzle , Bakelite triangle fore grip, A-1 pistol grip, and A-1 butt stock (no trap door). Oh, and a Colt stamped Bayonet to boot.

Man that is some cool **** right there!

Not sure if you would call this abomination retro or not not but I'm dropping it here anyway.View attachment 1378319

I love it, that's awesome!!!

There was one company making and A1 repro that looked pretty accurate, always wanted one.

RGUNS has some A1 stripped uppers and complete uppers right now. The stripped ones are anodized green tho.

Wish I hadn't traded it off to you.[/QUOTE

Is that the upper that had one round through it from an office pop? I hesitated about one second too long on it and saw you had grabbed it. I was sure kicking myself!

Back
Top Bottom