• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retro AR pic/build thread

Can someone confirm for me that my port door is not the correct one? I know the charging handle isn't. I hate to spend $50-$60 for the right port door but I think it's gonna bug me lol.

20171104_170853.jpg

The one I saw was a complete gun from a 'name brand' manufacturer. Couple of years ago ? It was close enough for a 'replica', (barrel length, triangular handguards etc).

The one I saw was a complete gun from a 'name brand' manufacturer. Couple of years ago ? It was close enough for a 'replica', (barrel length, triangular handguards etc).

You're right, you just jogged my memory. I think there's actually at least 2 or 3 that are offering complete rifles...

Can someone confirm for me that my port door is not the correct one? I know the charging handle isn't. I hate to spend $50-$60 for the right port door but I think it's gonna bug me lol.

View attachment 1378596

Port door looks right to me, and no shell defector is right for early mods, but need teardrop foreword assist. Early early mods did not have foreword assist either.

Port door looks right to me, and no shell defector is right for early mods, but need teardrop foreword assist. Early early mods did not have foreword assist either.

I hope so. I was thinking the port door like on @MILSURP Collector's pics was correct, square vs rectangle.

The teardrop fwd assist is on my radar lol!

I was expecting to put it together and list it, I had no idea my gun shop buddy was gonna want it. He's gonna remove the FH and run it as a 11.5" upper on his sbr...

Man that is some cool **** right there!

I love it, that's awesome!!!

RGUNS has some A1 stripped uppers and complete uppers right now. The stripped ones are anodized green tho.

Is that the upper that had one round through it from an office pop? I hesitated about one second too long on it and saw you had grabbed it. I was sure kicking myself!

It was the office pop upper.

Back
Top Bottom