• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Review: Chestnut Mtn. Georgia WMA range

Thread necro, but hoping to pop up here for a quick function test tomorrow morning and possibly a little shooting trip with my oldest. I see they have "target fencing" at 25, 50 and 100 yards but can't warp my head around what this means and how exactly you secure targets to whatever the hell it is.

I had a terrible experience I would avoid at all costs if it was me.

Its a plastic lettuce fence when I went. I don't know if your allowed but I would take paper targets with a stand.

Be prepared for lots of shooters, varying ranges of gun safety, brass flying all over your kids, and nobody to watch your guns (as their behind you)

Sometimes in life you get what you pay for.

I had a terrible experience I would avoid at all costs if it was me.

Its a plastic lettuce fence when I went. I don't know if your allowed but I would take paper targets with a stand.

Be prepared for lots of shooters, varying ranges of gun safety, brass flying all over your kids, and nobody to watch your guns (as their behind you)

Sometimes in life you get what you pay for.

Thanks! Sounds like a quick function test then and less of a range trip.

Binder clips or HD masking tape will be handy. The fencing was something like this, except for not well supported.
1628890676979.png

Or as stated above, target stand of some kind will work better.

Attachments

• 1628890640520.png
    1628890640520.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 5
When I went I had to wait a good 30-40 mins before range cold.....range cold was a total nightmare people running up to the "lettecue",while people still having guns behind you. (I'm sure many loaded guns still in people hands) Just utter chaos. No safety precautions. Surprised legally they keep this open without a full time range officer.

Maybe you will get luck and be the only ones their.

If you go, get there super early. That place will look like a packed baseball stadium by noon. Get all you equipment gathered and ready to go so is no hickups that would hold you up. I would plan on just after sunrise. If you don't I would advise avoiding at all cost. To many new shooters that have no idea the importance of. Range office and a cold range. To many fools with guns visit that place.

If you go, get there super early. That place will look like a packed baseball stadium by noon. Get all you equipment gathered and ready to go so is no hickups that would hold you up. I would plan on just after sunrise. If you don't I would advise avoiding at all cost. To many new shooters that have no idea the importance of. Range office and a cold range. To many fools with guns visit that place.
Closed to the public signs May buy you 30 minutes of safety!

Closed to the public signs May buy you 30 minutes of safety!
I bet you is safety reasons. I knew of two accident that happens shortly after I joined RBGC. I have stated before I was out there with my son's. A guy took his new handgun ( I saw him taking it out of the plastic and original packaging. He opened up full semi-auto fire and a man was still out on the range hanging targets during a cold range condition. That was the final straw. I would be willing to bet another couple of people got shot and it just got to unsafe for further use.

Back
Top Bottom